• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 9:01 am
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2350 posts
813 upvotes
greg123 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 2:50 pm
so no point in ordering the sim now unless it can arrive by the 10th, which I doubt?
They courier the SIMs out - I ordered on Sunday, it arrived today. So if you order today you should get it Thursday, at a guess.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1792 posts
1498 upvotes
Montreal
greg123 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 2:50 pm
so no point in ordering the sim now unless it can arrive by the 10th, which I doubt?

For me, it was at my door the second day after I ordered (regular courier) and there's even a two hour service for an extra $1. At this point and time, I would use the two hour service, totally worth the extra $1!

[Edited because of thread merge]
Last edited by Temporel on Nov 8th, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2350 posts
813 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 3:09 pm
For me, it was at my door the second day after I ordered (regular courier) and there's even a two hour service for an extra $2 IIRC. At this point and time, I would use the two hour service, totally worth the extra $2!

The clock is ticking folks, if you thought about getting this deal but are still on the fence, do it! With the referral program, it's 3 months of almost free full cellular service with Roll Over unused data that you can cancel any time. Depending on your needs and present situation, this could be an amazing deal for you!
$25 credit, I signed up for 2Gb data, Canada only -> $5.05 after tax. With a couple of referrals it'll pay for itself a good way into next year assuming the full price isn't too painful/they do something nice for their 'beta' testers. Who knows, but you've got to be in it to win it, as they say.
Apr 30, 2017
11 posts
5 upvotes
Montr
No they do not support iPhone yet. I switched fizz simcard to the iphone and there was no internet, I was able to make and receive calls but no internet, after several hours thinkering with everything, I opened a chat window on their site, and the lady informed me the iPhone is still being tunned up and for the moment only Android phones worked.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1792 posts
1498 upvotes
Montreal
amgra77 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 3:54 pm
No they do not support iPhone yet. I switched fizz simcard to the iphone and there was no internet, I was able to make and receive calls but no internet, after several hours thinkering with everything, I opened a chat window on their site, and the lady informed me the iPhone is still being tunned up and for the moment only Android phones worked.

To keep costs low, discount mobile carriers like Fizz use Customer Support Representatives from overseas with people who have a limited knowledge of the language and even less about the product. Plus, not every CSR will be up to date about the developments and the fixing of bugs. Any answer you get from Fizz's chat has to be taken with a grain of salt. You might get contradictory statements from different CSR.

I can confirm that there are many iPhones on Fizz. The setup is not always automatic and you might have to adjust some settings. As "wxw2015" said in this post above, you have to update iOS to 12.1 and adjust the APN settings manually. (You have to be logged-in as a Fizz customer to view that page.) Plus, you must have at least an iphone 5s.

Maybe not everything will work all at once in the beginning but obviously, Fizz have to settle any iPhone issue. Don't deprive yourself of such a great deal because some aspects might not work for a few weeks. More info in this post.

[Edited because of thread merge.]
Last edited by Temporel on Nov 8th, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2015
1341 posts
481 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I ordered the SIM using my Tangerine Credit Card. It shows up a transaction under the category of Dry Cleaning & Clothing Repairs. Quite funny!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14940 posts
4280 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 4:39 pm
To keep costs low, discount mobile carriers like Fizz use Customer Support Representatives from overseas with people who have a limited knowledge of the language and even less about the product. Plus, not every CSR will be up to date about the developments and the fixing of bugs. Any answer you get from the chat on Fizz has to be taken with a grain of salt. You might get contradictory statements from different CSR.

I can confirm that there are many iPhones on Fizz. The setup is not always automatic and you might have to adjust some settings. I have read somewhere that you have to update ios and the APN settings manually. Plus, you have to have at least an iphone 5 or something like that (I'm on Android).

Maybe not everything will work all at once in the beginning but obviously, Fizz have to settle any iPhone issue. Don't deprive yourself of such a great deal because some aspects might not work for a few weeks. I will update this post with more info about the iPhone situation.
Given this and other posts you have made i am starting to wonder if you work for them?
You don't seem to have much of a mind of your own.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2350 posts
813 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 7:07 pm
Given this and other posts you have made i am starting to wonder if you work for them?
You don't seem to have much of a mind of your own.
You can get 2Gb, unlimited talk and text, for $5 a month. Admitted for only 3 months. Or 8Gb for $8-9.

It's a good deal. Particularly with referrals.

I had no further issues with my iPhone after updating - went into the About menu, it did a carrier update, it switched from Videotron to Fizz and now all's good.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14940 posts
4280 upvotes
daverobev wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 7:47 pm
You can get 2Gb, unlimited talk and text, for $5 a month. Admitted for only 3 months. Or 8Gb for $8-9.

It's a good deal. Particularly with referrals.

I had no further issues with my iPhone after updating - went into the About menu, it did a carrier update, it switched from Videotron to Fizz and now all's good.
But someone who defends mystery pricing, dismisses everyone who says anything negative and justifies deficiencies makes me just a bit suspicious. I could be wrong but there is a marked difference between here is a deal and i'm going to justify anything.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1792 posts
1498 upvotes
Montreal
About iPhones on Fizz

From "dan_335i" on Reddit: "Yes currently using on iPhone. U will need to update to iOS 12.1. And plug the sim in. If it says LTE and u try to use data and it says no data connection. Connect to wifi and there should be a pop up to ask u if U want to download carrier settings."

mark_in_2k wrote on Monday November 5th: “I got an email this morning saying that I'd been accepted into the iPhone beta.

Bunyak wrote on Monday November 5th: “I checked my e-mail and I was just accepted. You need at least an iPhone 5S to use Fizz so it can't be used with old iPhones that a person may have lying around.

The next quote is from an Android user but the “2-3 minutes to kick in. Change one thing, wait 3-4 minutes” comment might be also useful for iPhones APN settings. bennyboy84 wrote: “I have an OG (first gen) Pixel and for APN type I had to use exactly this for it to work ‘default,mms’. Keep in mind any change you make takes 2-3 minutes to kick in. Change one thing, wait 3-4 minutes, reboot, try SMS again. Other than this, the settings found on their webpage worked for me.

It looks like Fizz sent out many emails on Monday November 5th to people who applied with iPhones. They would not have done so if things weren’t ready for iPhones or very close to be settled.

They have to support iPhones or else they would be known as “The no iPhone carrier”.
Apr 30, 2017
11 posts
5 upvotes
Montr
Hey guys after reading your last messages , I popped the fizz sim to the iPhone, yesterday I updated to 12.1, and it works now on my iPhone. Yay!
Aug 20, 2011
43 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you all!
I activated (8GB,Unlimited text and call and voicemail for $7/month) plan and then registered for the Paytm offer ($10 gift card for Esso) as well.
So I paid $8.75 (after tax) and received $10 cash for Esso and an unlimited phone plan for US/CAN. Excelent deal.
I'm gonna use my new number to register a new Uber account for two free rides! (1 for the old account and 1 for the new account).
What other free stuff can I get using my new number?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2015
1341 posts
481 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I just received my SIM and inserted it into my phone.It works after setting! LTE network.
Fizz uses Planete Courrier Inc. as their courrier. A guy just drove his own card and delivered it to my door.
Mar 28, 2012
324 posts
78 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
Thank you.
3 SIM cards ordered for our 3 phones off contract at FIdo who are not obliging us with any loyalty plan... and we have had at 1-3 lines with them since they were Microcell 20 yrs ago.
It REALLY sucks/ is terribly sneaky when you bought into a $40 "plus $15" plan - the "plus $15" being an add-on for a handset... yet by the time you finish your contract, somehow your plan has been transformed into a base plan without any "add-on" so to speak than can be removed once you've paid off your tab. Insult me by offering a great deal at $60 for 5 GB plan when I have asked to DECREASE my cost !!!! I don't even use 500MB most months! WTH would I pay for all that data for NOTHING? I asked to LOWER my bill.
I am open! Let's get on with the hacking - I assume it vibrates?
Ref: Dazz
Nov 6, 2018
69 posts
17 upvotes
I'm with Telus now and I will switch after they release the regular price.

My lte speed is much better than videotron. If price is not attractive enough, I won't bother.

I will give videotron a chance if I get 40 lines

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)