Food & Drink

Flamin' Hot Cheetos have FINALLY Arrived!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2017 9:15 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2007
178 posts
13 upvotes

Flamin' Hot Cheetos have FINALLY Arrived!!!

At long last!!! For 10+ years I would always make a point of checking the grocery aisle just in case they were to show up in Canada. When State side, or at least the states that had them, I would be sure to bring bags home. At one point, Wal-Mart here carried their own generic brand of them that were pretty good however those did not last very long.

However today after years of requests, what did I notice out of the corner of my eye walking down the Shoppers grocery aisle? :twisted: FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS!!! :twisted: Small bags and big bags!!! Picked up 3 large bags for $3.99 each. Small bags were on sale. Bags say "New" on them. The small bags I believe said "Limited", but I can't be for sure about that.

Anyone I could notice buying Cheetos were buying Flamin' Hot, so hopefully these sell as well the the Jalapeño ones to stick around permanently!
82 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
633 upvotes
It's already mentioned in the New Product Thread.
Aug 26, 2007
178 posts
13 upvotes
My bad, sorry. I used to see topics about these all the time and didn't think to check in there.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10692 posts
5489 upvotes
Toronto
shenanhawkins wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. Peppering my angus.
flaming go in and out?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21683 posts
8957 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone try them yet? Are they just as hot as the ones in other countries? Hotter maybe?
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: So the Jalepeno Cheetos and the Flamin' hot are the same thing?
Nope Flamin hot is way hotter.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21683 posts
8957 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Nope Flamin hot is way hotter.
Anyone try them yet? Are they just as hot as the ones in other countries? Hotter maybe?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
In view of the current patriotic fervor over ketchup, I feel it is my duty to inform you that Cheetos are a cheap American imposter. Here is the real thing:
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21683 posts
8957 upvotes
Toronto
makaturing wrote: In view of the current patriotic fervor over ketchup, I feel it is my duty to inform you that Cheetos are a cheap American imposter. Here is the real thing:
DO they make a "flamin' hot"? If not, your point is not helping those who are demanding extra hot cheezies. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3925 posts
1036 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: DO they make a "flamin' hot"? If not, your point is not helping those who are demanding extra hot cheezies. lol
No, they don't. But makaturing is correct - Hawkins Cheezies are the "only" Cheezies in my opinion. Loblaws (at least the one I always seem to end up at) is no longer carrying them, much to the dismay of the junk food manager. People who want Cheezies will not buy Cheetos! Hawkins Cheezies are my only "junk" food. Some bags are better than others - luck of the draw.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31267 posts
17274 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Are they actually that spicy? I love cheetos!
If they're anything like I remember in the US they are surprisingly spicy.
If you like spice, they're still no where hot enough but considering that most "spicy" things are like a 1 on the scale these actually give you a little taste of like 3.
May 7, 2012
392 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Yes!! We get them everytime we go down to the states, and they're definitely better than the jalapeño ones.

Hopefully we eventually get the hot lime ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3611 posts
115 upvotes
GTA
Would like to hear from people who can compare the Canadian and US versions' of the Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
death_hawk wrote: If they're anything like I remember in the US they are surprisingly spicy.
If you like spice, they're still no where hot enough but considering that most "spicy" things are like a 1 on the scale these actually give you a little taste of like 3.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Checked today at SDM. Was thoroughly disappointed when I didn't see them. Thanks for ruining my day :(
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3217 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
It's about time they finally brought it over the border but rip butt-oh
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3260 posts
909 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Saw a shelf load of flaming Cheetos. On sale now for 2 for $6.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac