• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2012 6:57 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12169 posts
277 upvotes

Flavor Wave Turbo

Anybody have any real reviews on the Flavor Wave Turbo? i cant seem to find any real reviews online.

there are reveiws of the older model on [rfdlink=3]amazon[/rfdlink] http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-FLA ... B00021REP6 but they all seem fake.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
41 replies
Dec 19, 2004
570 posts
Windsor, ON
I was just about to buy this machine. You are right, there aren't many reviews for this product. There are reviews for the older version, the Flavor Wave Deluxe. It generally got favorable reviews, but many complained that the dome cracked easily. The Turbo replaces the plastic dome with a glass one, which should solve the problem.

If anyone has the Turbo, I'd appreciate their review.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12169 posts
277 upvotes
actuary wrote:
Sep 15th, 2008 2:50 pm
I was just about to buy this machine. You are right, there aren't many reviews for this product. There are reviews for the older version, the Flavor Wave Deluxe. It generally got favorable reviews, but many complained that the dome cracked easily. The Turbo replaces the plastic dome with a glass one, which should solve the problem.

If anyone has the Turbo, I'd appreciate their review.
most of the favourable reviews look like they are straight from their ads. i swear they are fake. nobody talks like that and nobody writes reviews like that too. who copies and pastes straight from their website
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
sorry..i'm no help with the review...

but..

does amazon ships appliances to canada??
;)
Aug 4, 2008
86 posts
Mississauga
I have an extremely old version of this product (at least 10 years old) and while its hard to clean, it makes amazing roasted chicken/pork etc.

I think our lid cracked once many years ago, but since we've replaced it, there have been no other problems. Be warned though, its bulky and hard to clean because its big and the lid has electical parts, but other than that the food it makes is amazing! :cheesygri

Hope this helps! :)
Oct 23, 2008
1 posts
VANCOUVER
I have had various forms of these convection type ovens over the last 10 years and my opinion is that they generally work well, but they are not very well made. Note: I purchased all these either at garage sales, or at liquidation places, or Goodwill, I never paid close to full retail. Over the years I have had the American Harvest Jet Stream oven, which cooked the best (very fast and evenly done), but didn't last long, I think I have gone through 3 different models. I had a Flavor Wave oven (original model) and it worked OK, the problem I had was that the top cooked fine, but you had to flip the food over. The infommercial doesn't show you that part, all they say is x # of minutes, "set it and forget it", they don't mention having to flip it midway. I upgraded to a Flavor Wave Oven Deluxe, which worked great for a few months and then died on us. While it worked, it was great, it cooked faster than the old Flavor Wave because it used the Halogen light which was instant heat, but it still had the problem of cooking only on one side. It died last week, so I am back to using the old Flavor Wave. I would not pay over $100 for these types of units, knowing their track record; maybe $50-60. They do take up a lot of counter space as well, and some models are a bit noisy.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
4787 posts
687 upvotes
I have a much older version of the oven made by Decosonic. It is essentially a heating element with a fan the size of a computer muffin fan that blows air past the heating element.

The bowl on the Decosonic is glass and sits in a metal cradle with legs. There were expansion rings available to raise the heating element section up an extra 4 inches when cooking a larger roast or turkey.

It does a fine job. The fat collects below the rack that the meat sits on (in the bottom of the bowl).

It is extremely energy efficient compared to a conventional oven and cooks in a lot less time.

The only problem we ever had was the fan got loud - so I took it apart and lubricated the bearing and it's worked fine ever since.

Here's a recipie book I found on the web:

http://customwebdesign.tripod.com/perfe ... manual.pdf
Sep 21, 2005
1 posts
I was watching the TV ad lyesterday and was very interested in this product. However, after search online, I think I will not buy one.

I bought another product from the same company years ago, and it was no where close to the TV ad. Super noisy product, and broke in couple of months. The replaced motor was out of order in another 2-3 months.

For the following review site of the Flavorwave. It seems to function better, but.... I guess if you really have no time to cook, but have the energy to deal with customer services, it may not be a bad choice.

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:Y7M ... cd=6&gl=ca
May 8, 2009
1 posts
Calgary
I must admit I am very disappointed in the construction of the Flavorwave Turbo. The food cooks and tastes excellent but the motor (heater part) stopped working after a month of use. The construction Quality is crap. > :(
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
13884 posts
652 upvotes
Markham
we've been using a chinese knockoff for a couple months and i must say it's a good addition to our kitchen!
ShadowVlican
Oct 28, 2007
307 posts
13 upvotes
Just bought one @ Walmart.. debating whether to keep it or get a convection toaster oven instead.... anybody bought one recently? how is it working for you?
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
12508 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
No one mentioned Mr. T was in the infomercial.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34254 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
I got a slap chop.
It works well.

*blap blap blap*
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Oct 28, 2007
307 posts
13 upvotes
I've tried it for the 1st time.. it's actually really good. food cooked a lot faster from frozen, and you can see the fat dripped down to the bottom...

and yes, it has a Mr T on the box...
× < >