Pets

Flea Treatments for Cats - Where to get for "cheap"?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2017 1:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1457 posts
271 upvotes
Windsor

Flea Treatments for Cats - Where to get for "cheap"?

We have two cats that go outdoors pretty often in the summer, and as a result, they get fleas. My GF treats them with Revolution, but it's pretty spendy, and I have a feeling there must be something else available for less than $40/go.

If Revolution is the "best" option, any suggestions on where to get it online? As well, I live 5 minutes from the US; if there's something I can get over there, I'd be up for that too,
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
2 replies
Jul 31, 2016
173 posts
77 upvotes
I'm not sure what is cheaper than revolution, but revolution is what we use on all our cats and kittens that come through Toronto Cat Rescue.

Just make sure you don't use a dog formula flee control product, it can be fatal for your cats.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1457 posts
271 upvotes
Windsor
If anyone cares: Stronghold is the European marketing version of Revolution ... same quantity of the active ingredient, but the units indicated are all SI instead of English.

Locally, 2 doses of cat Revolution are ~$90. Balking at that, I paid $105 USD (or about $140 CAD) shipped to my door for 12 doses of Revolution from PetBucket.com. Took 15 days to get here. Had I known about Stronghold, I could have gotten THAT for about $90USD
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.