• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 1:02 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1091 posts
477 upvotes

Flex Molding

Where's the best place to buy flex molding? Online or GTA is fine.

Looking for something similar to pics or close to it.

Thanks in advance
Images
  • thumbnail_processed.jpg
  • thumbnail_20190917_142300.jpg
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Flex? Lowes and depot carry some profiles and will special order others. Tamarack in Burlington is the cheapest.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
What's flex molding?

Looks like regular moulding to me
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Banned
Sep 17, 2019
2 posts
The best way is to go to your nearest molding shop. It is very tricky specially if you need a flexible interior or exterior trim. Tamarach in burlington, yes it is the cheapest but home depot will provide you the best recommendation I think that suits where you will be using it.
Not allowed to advertise on signatures.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
tmkf_patryk wrote: What's flex molding?

Looks like regular moulding to me
Its a polyurethane moulding used for doing curves or arches

OP, I use The Royal Wood Shop in aurora for all my trim. They can order pretty much any profile in flex moulding
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
schade wrote: Its a polyurethane moulding used for doing curves or arches

OP, I use The Royal Wood Shop in aurora for all my trim. They can order pretty much any profile in flex moulding
Yes that’s what flex moulding is but OP is clearly holding a wood variant... looks like MDF. Lowes carries a lot of PVC moulding, my local Depot does not and what they do carry is 30% more costly than lowes, and it’s all from royal.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Jerico wrote: Yes that’s what flex moulding is but OP is clearly holding a wood variant... looks like MDF. Lowes carries a lot of PVC moulding, my local Depot does not and what they do carry is 30% more costly than lowes, and it’s all from royal.
Agreed that OP is holding a piece of wood trim, that's for reference for the trim profile he needs in flex molding to match. I answered the question as to what is flex molding