Flight search engine question

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 12:58 pm
[OP]
Mar 17, 2006
471 posts
197 upvotes

Flight search engine question

What flight search engine (s) do you guys use? I am looking for a search engine where I can search for flights going into different airports on different days (2 one way tickets or round trip) so I can get the best price. I am not sure I am explaining this correctly so I will be more specific. I own vacation property in Florida. Planning to go down spring break but the flight prices are crazy. I am self employed so I have the luxury of leaving and coming back when I please (daughter can miss a few days of school, no problem). For example I can leave Thursday Friday or Saturday, and return the following Saturday Sunday or Monday. My condo is also at a short driving distance from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm beach airports, so I can use all three airports. Is there a search engine I can use that will mix up all these variables so I can find the best price? I have been using the google IAT matrix which is pretty good, but can't seem to be able to figure how to search for flight going into one airport and leaving from another (if I can save money)
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1571 posts
953 upvotes
ITA Matrix or Google flights. Go multi city if you aren't doing a round trip to and from the same place.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5313 posts
1114 upvotes
GTA
Is there a site that allows price alert?

Crude is near all time low, and at some point, this should be reflected into airfare, just dont want to miss out when it does.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1446 posts
315 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 6:13 pm

Crude is near all time low, and at some point, this should be reflected into airfare, just dont want to miss out when it does.
Look up the 'Hopper' app. You can track flight routes and set up alerts for price changes. Also good for predicting the cheapest time (and day) to purchase tickets on your desired route.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1571 posts
953 upvotes
LongLiveRFD wrote:

Let's hope, how long has crude been "low"? I don't buy gas any more (electric car) so haven't been paying attention. I'm waiting to book a flight to the US but the longer I wait the worse the dollar gets, making the flights more expensive.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1916 posts
1014 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
LongLiveRFD wrote:

I find airfare pricing has remained pretty stagnant. I paid around $450 cad RT to Vegas in 2009 (found an old email confirmation) and paid around $500-ish the last few trips nearly a decade later (incl baggage fees & seat selection).

The OP’s issue is he’s looking for flights in peak season to a destination like Florida that thrives off snowbirds from north. Also FLL/ MIA / TPA / MCO bring in thousands of passengers for cruise departures.