• Oct 13th, 2016 1:52 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 6, 2012
128 posts
19 upvotes
CALGARY

Is Flighthub a legit website?

Has anyone ever book a flight on this website? prices seem cheaper here and was wondering if anyone had problems here.... thanks!
49 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2010
1054 posts
34 upvotes
Aurora
bump*. Anyone use them?
Dec 13, 2011
118 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
I used them last year when I planned my euro trip, no complaints. But I ended up going with skyscanner after finding cheaper flights on that
Jul 21, 2005
809 posts
139 upvotes
I used them....I wouldn't recommend them. My friend booked my tickets and spelled my name wrong...missed my flight from Vancouver to China because they couldn't figure out how to change my name correctly as I had to go through them, and then never called me back. I nearly missed my flight the second day as well as they said it was all fixed, but when I went to check in, it was not at all. In total over 10 hours on the phone. Other than that, no issues, just make sure you don't make any spelling mistakes anywhere, and don't let you friends book you stuff :)
Apr 20, 2014
38 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I booked with them for my flight in February from YEG-NRT-HKG-YEG as they had the lowest price. No problems or issues here.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3592 posts
485 upvotes
Vancouver
+1 Skyscanner, it'll scan through all of the North American online travel agencies (including Flight Hub). I've heard horror stories for many 3rd party issued tickets but that's the risk you take booking as cheap as possible. You can check your etickets with Checkmytrip.com, it'll reference your actual Amadeus booking and you can see if there's an typographical errors prior to flying.

For long distance flights, I recommend matrix.itasoftware.com.. which runs on the same engine as the airlines but you can't book through them, you need to give the fare routing numbers either to the airline or a third-party agency.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3103 posts
43 upvotes
I used them last year. No issues.

My only issue with Skyscanner is that there is no option for "multiple destinations". I use Flighthub instead.

While we're on the topic, has anyone used Flightnetwork.com for flights? They appear to be comparable with Flighthub.
May 12, 2014
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I have used them for the past few years to fly to west coast and Asia. I just booked another flight to India for July and other than charging $150 (if you switch flights), I haven't had any issues. I must add though I have to call Finn Air to see if I can spend a night at Helsinki on my return to Toronto. Fingers crossed I get to see Helsinki.
Oct 24, 2013
419 posts
69 upvotes
Ontario
Family member bought 4 weeks ago ticket through them and left yesterday YYZ without issues.
Mar 25, 2006
795 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I booked a flight with them last week and they charged my credit card more than their invoice total.

I called them and their agent (after waiting half an hour on the phone) said I need to send the info about my booking to their email address, which I did and haven't received any reply yet.

It's illegal so I am not sure how they could do this.

of course, if they don't resolve this quickly I will file a complaint with VISA and get adjustment from my VISA but what if I didn't notice this!

I would stay away from them and tell anyone I know to do so.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
25444 posts
2676 upvotes
Ottawa
bingo_jake wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2014 2:03 pm
I booked a flight with them last week and they charged my credit card more than their invoice total.

I called them and their agent (after waiting half an hour on the phone) said I need to send the info about my booking to their email address, which I did and haven't received any reply yet.

It's illegal so I am not sure how they could do this.

of course, if they don't resolve this quickly I will file a complaint with VISA and get adjustment from my VISA but what if I didn't notice this!

I would stay away from them and tell anyone I know to do so.
So, resurrecting an old post and starting a new exact one helps you recover?
"some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston Churchill
Mar 25, 2006
795 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2014 3:28 pm
So, resurrecting an old post and starting a new exact one helps you recover?
It may not recover for me, but it may help fellow RFD members not to fall for similar scam. that's just to warn others not to deal with this company

and after all this a discussion forum, it doesn't matter the original post was old or new, the subject of the thread is always valid and can be discussed at any time (you like it or not)
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
25444 posts
2676 upvotes
Ottawa
bingo_jake wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2014 5:33 pm
It may not recover for me, but it may help fellow RFD members not to fall for similar scam. that's just to warn others not to deal with this company

and after all this a discussion forum, it doesn't matter the original post was old or new, the subject of the thread is always valid and can be discussed at any time (you like it or not)
Point is, resurrecting an old thread is fine but no need to post a new one on same subject and whether I like it or not is immaterial.
"some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston Churchill
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8858 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
As others said, i found a better deal using skyscanner
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
× < >