• Jun 11th, 2019 10:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7816 posts
8076 upvotes

Float Tanks

You folks ever try them? It's a Rogan favorite increasingly popular nowadays.

It's described as a good way to re-conceptualize where you're at and where you're headed (current state vs. goals).

Other tell me it's visual fireworks for the brain.

I welcome your personal anecdotes.

God bless.
4 replies
Jun 11, 2018
50 posts
31 upvotes
Also interested on the subject as I have been meaning to try it.

Any experience with a float tank would be appreciated!

Thanks OP!
Jun 9, 2015
695 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Recently did to help with chronic pain.

It's relaxing and your skin feels amazing afterwards. It also helps with muscle tension.

I think it's something that should probably be booked twice. You might use up a chunk of time trying to get acquainted and find your position before the real relaxation comes.
Apr 10, 2019
20 posts
12 upvotes
I've done it 4 times.

First time at a spa in one of those pods. It was fun, I enjoyed it.

3 times in a tank/coffin. I didn't enjoy it except for the 1 times I got high first. I'm a big guy and most say pods are crap for bigger guys but it was the opposite for me. in the pod I really felt free. In the tank I kept getting uncomfortable so I moved a bit and kept hitting the sides back and forth every 3minutes and it distracted me from getting in the right place in my head. The time I was high was not as distracting. I would do it again if I went to a spa with a pod but wouldnt pay to go to a float place.
Nov 21, 2018
28 posts
12 upvotes
Some people are unnerved by it. People have different experiences. I found it relaxing and at first you're brain is popping off like crazy because of the lack of stimuli. It can be dreamlike, and my second time I actually fell asleep.