Florida Investment Property Questions.
Buying property outside of Canada is completely new to me so as part of my research I thought I'd ask the great RFD community for any insights:
1) What should I consider on the financial side that is different from Canada? (ie: Are the qualifying requirements in FL stiffer or more lenient than here? Do Canadian banks finance purchases in the USA?, etc)
2) Any pros/cons for dealing with short sales or foreclosures?
3) What are potential tax ramifications both in Canada and USA?
4) How do I ensure that I find a reliable and honest real estate agent down there?
5) Besides the standard costs of property tax, condo fees, mortgage, utilities and insurance...any other on-going costs that I should be aware of?