Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 30, 2006
729 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Flower Delivery Service

I am looking a flower delivery service in brampton area. I just wanted to know if anyone had any positive experiences with any certain services. I want a fair price, but I am willing to pay a premium for excellent flowers.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
aggronieszka wrote: Just stay away from Bloomex.

That is all.

+1

There is a large thread on here about how awfull their customer services is.
Apr 18, 2005
429 posts
75 upvotes
I had to send a few arrangements for a co-worker a few months ago. I was going to go with Flora All Occasion Flowers & Gifts since I knew someone who's been going there for two years and has had no complaints. I was looking to spend a few hundred and needed a bouquet as well as a basket of chocolate treats. The website prices are pretty close to what they offer in store. A dozen roses were $40 and the vase was an additional $30. They've been in business for years and the owners are really nice people.

http://www.florabrampton.com/

On the way there, I went to Lori Lin Flowers & Gifts. I was really impressed with how fresh their flowers were. A dozen long stem roses were $14.99 so I was tempted to get a lot more for the same amount of money.

I actually ended up going with roses interspersed with large lilies and I just asked him to make the total up to $200 ($8.50 flat fee for delivery), including a chocolate basket with Lindt chocolates and all sorts of various sweets. He had a sample picture of a basket that was a lot less than what I was looking to spend and I asked him to make it bigger, more Lindt chocolates, more variety, etc. I really liked his fresh floral arrangements as well. He had some on display that were selling for much less than the ones I was considering online. He also has some certification in floral design on the wall.

I asked the recipient about it later, since I bought sight unseen. The flowers were a substantial size, and he said the chocolate basket was big enough for the entire family. The owner called ahead of time and arranged a convenient time for delivery and made a special delivery after closing time. I thought that was great customer service and I'm probably going to use the same shop next time.

http://www.goldbook.ca/brampton/Florist ... Gifts.html

I've never been in Shalimar Designs because on a day they were giving away free flowers, they were giving away carnations while Flora was giving away roses.