• Aug 28th, 2017 12:02 am
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3041 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 11:13 am
Please somebody PM if they have an extra ticket to this press conference tomorrow in Toronto. I wanna hear all the smack talk live! LOL

What is this exactly??? Are the 2 fighters actually coming to Toronto? What questions are they going to answer that haven't already been asked? Please don't tell me this will just be a live/remote skype stream with the fighters' faces projected onto giant screens.

I really don't see how they have time to do this... shouldn't they be training in a gym somewhere?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Repooc wrote:
Jul 11th, 2017 3:24 pm
What is this exactly??? Are the 2 fighters actually coming to Toronto? What questions are they going to answer that haven't already been asked? Please don't tell me this will just be a live/remote skype stream with the fighters' faces projected onto giant screens.

I really don't see how they have time to do this... shouldn't they be training in a gym somewhere?
It's called a press conference.... the fight needs to be promoted, needs to be marketed, so that more viewers will be attracted which realistically will raise PPV and that means more money for the fighters and the organizations.
No point just training and fighting if they can't hit their budget for PPV sales.
Also, there's a good number of fans of combat sports (both MMA and Boxing) in Toronto, and a good amount of Iris population.
The hype is real.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
Mayweather already needs money (can't pay IRS his last year's taxes)......lol

Manny Pacman also needs money...man, these guys sure know how to spend money!! All those hanger-ons need luxuries too!!

I can see at least 2 fights with Mcgregor....and another fight with Pacman..tho Pacman looked old and slow in his last fight.

Mayweather might fight Canelo again!! Another cash cow of boxing!!

All snorefests of course.....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5857 posts
1229 upvotes
To make it on even terms, Mayweather should face McGreggor in a return MMA-style fight after the boxing match.

McGreggor is highly unlikely to win in a pro-boxing match.
It would stir up more interest to see how Mayweather would fare in a UFC fight.

Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1128 posts
254 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:35 pm
To make it on even terms, Mayweather should face McGreggor in a return MMA-style fight after the boxing match.
Won't happen Mayweather is just too smart and his A Camp decides everything. Absolutely everything is on Mayweather's terms and that is why he will leave this fight the WINNER.

With that said, these 4 cities press conferences will undoubtedly have more excitement than the real fight itself. LOL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:

That will never happen. Mayweather would become Mrs. Tapout (aka Conor's b****)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
LOL @ Dana White
He also wore red today so he looks less of a tomato

Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23266 posts
1058 upvotes
Markham, ON
XFactor11 wrote:

...not about who wins...it's all about getting paid.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19135 posts
1397 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 11:16 am
...not about who wins...it's all about getting paid.
Actually they both winners!!!!

Money gets another payday and McGregor gets his biggest payday ever for a fight and all he has to do is dance around!!

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14523 posts
1408 upvotes
Oshawa
Mayweather is going to beat McGregor like one of his girlfriends.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 7:23 pm
Actually they both winners!!!!

Money gets another payday and McGregor gets his biggest payday ever for a fight and all he has to do is dance around!!

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
I know. This fight is such a gimmick. But I have to admit its pretty entertaining.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎