• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2017 12:02 am
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19183 posts
1407 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:23 am
Definitely have to see this fight live at a sports bar because on Thursday Cineplex just announced they are showing the fight. They are charging an arm and a leg for a seat to watch it in a movie theatre. Not cheap $41.95.

https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/mayweather-vs-mcgregor
Wow, wtf....

How much is the pay-per-view at home? Better off paying that if it is $99 and split with a bunch of friends. At least it is in the comfort of your own home with good drinks and food and peeps and not overpaying for drinks and food at the theatre or bar...
Jan 29, 2017
422 posts
158 upvotes
PPV will be 100 USD in US or 25 Euro in UK/Ireland. $42 + overpriced concessions per person does not make any sense.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19183 posts
1407 upvotes
man, I don't know about Connor talking smack about "whupping" Paulie - as much as I didn't like Paulie as a boxer too much, I do give him props for accomplishing what he was able to do with his feather fists and he did have great ring movement and fast hands.

And I gained a lot of respect for Paulie as a boxing commentator - his analysis is usually spot-on and he delivers it directly (no sugarcoating)..

All the interviews with Paulie about the sparring sessions with McGregor were always direct, even giving more cred to Connor about his skills while not revealing anything about the strategy or boxing approach......and then Connor releases pics of Paulie getting "whupped", certain vid clips...man, that isn't cool

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/2 ... ng-session

I know there are 2 sides to every story but what Connor is doing isn't cool - sparring sessions are internal - no matter if Paulie really did get "whupped" - you don't do this to the guy...

And if Paulie's story is true about flying across the country, sparring right away with an audience - seems like Connor or someone was intent on making the guy look bad....c'mon....
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13388 posts
8877 upvotes
Toronto
FYI- my buddy is ordering PPV at his place. Right next door to ACC in Toronto. PM me if interested in joining us. We'll have food, booze, etc. Also a hot tub, swimming pool downstairs.

Q - Any girls gonna be there?

A - none of our female friends/teammates much interested in the fight but you're welcome to bring
Last edited by sprung on Aug 15th, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4080 posts
618 upvotes
Abbottabad
sprung wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 11:14 am
FYI- my buddy is ordering PPV at his place. Right next door to ACC in Toronto. PM me if interested in joining us. We'll have food, booze, etc. Also a hot tub, swimming pool downstairs.
Any girls gonna be there?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 11:14 am

Q - Any girls gonna be there?

A - none of our female friends/teammates much interested in the fight but you're welcome to bring
Since you guys are so close to the ACC. I recommend that you just go watch it at the Real Sports Bar. Even for previous MMA events and boxing matches that very popular sports bar has always been packed with beautiful girls. Several sporting events play simultaneously at this sports bar.

http://realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/toronto/

Also, House of Lancaster strip club here in Toronto will also be showing it. Watch some naked hotties during the fight if you get bored of Mayweather running away from McGregor for 12 rounds. LOL

That Saturday, I'll be watching it at Shoeless Joes's in Niagara Falls or Belleville depending on what city I end up at that weekend.
Jan 22, 2017
51 posts
11 upvotes
How do watch this show if you are not living in US?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1265 posts
178 upvotes
Will probably be watching PPV at home with some friends.
My brain tells me Gayweather, but my heart tell me McDick.
Jan 29, 2017
422 posts
158 upvotes
sarahgad wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 6:41 am
How do watch this show if you are not living in US?
Bar, PPV on cable, move theater, VPN for legit online PPV sub or stream from underground. Take your pick!
Nov 26, 2008
380 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
What time will this fight be on? I could care less about the undercard or co main events.

Is it going to be at midnight or right when the PPV starts?
Jan 22, 2017
51 posts
11 upvotes
As I am traveling, won't get to choose from the first three options. I guess i have to stick with VPN option. Do you have any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1150 posts
261 upvotes
Live weigh-in starts at 6pm ET tonight!