[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1472 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto

Flushmount Wedding Photo Album

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a place that offers Flushmount Photo Album printing (for the purpose of wedding pictures). I am looking for around 20-25 pages.

A couple of places I found online while digging through the old threads:
1) Photobook Canada - offers their Imagewrap 11x14, 20 pages, 1.8mm thick papers, flushmount for $429.99 with 30% off coupon code. I gathered that this place is typically more expensive than the rest but the quality to be amazing
2) Adoramapix - Hudson Album 12x14, 10 pages (for every 2 pages add $14.40), flushmount, leather-lux cover for $146USD
3) Shutterfly only offers the premium book / layflat options only with thicker pages, 11x14 for $112.49 (but not flushmount)

Is there any other places I should check out as well? I have looked into Blurb and they do not offer layflat.

Thanks.
MechanicalMan64
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2955 posts
254 upvotes
Zno is good for the price point. There are more options for nicer paper and gilding if you're a pro member. The QC can be an issue but if an album isn't perfect they will send you a new one almost without any questions asked (just send images of the problem).
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
I looked at ZNO too but wasn't sure. I think I am settling on Adoramapix. I find their software easiest to use.

I have yet to order mine, waiting for a good sale. But I have already designed my album. But it's like a 36 page book so will be big and heavy lol
May 23, 2017
248 posts
64 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:29 am
I looked at ZNO too but wasn't sure. I think I am settling on Adoramapix. I find their software easiest to use.

I have yet to order mine, waiting for a good sale. But I have already designed my album. But it's like a 36 page book so will be big and heavy lol
what makes you not want to use ZNO? they have a 25% off sale right now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:49 am
what makes you not want to use ZNO? they have a 25% off sale right now.
Personally, reviews of the quality and where it's made. It's a lot cheaper for sure.

I also find that their thickest pages are not as thick as Adoramapix that I can get easily, their core is black and not white, they do not have rounded edges and their paper options are more limited.
May 23, 2017
248 posts
64 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:06 am
Personally, reviews of the quality and where it's made. It's a lot cheaper for sure.

I also find that their thickest pages are not as thick as Adoramapix that I can get easily, their core is black and not white, they do not have rounded edges and their paper options are more limited.
where are the ZNO ones made? Also, for Adoramapix, where are those made.
May 23, 2017
248 posts
64 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:33 am
ZNO = China
Adoramapix = USA (New York)
Im just looking at reviews, Adoramapix has just as many bad reviews as ZNO. I think for the price I will risk it and see what happens. I will report back in a few months when I get the book.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 9:46 am
Im just looking at reviews, Adoramapix has just as many bad reviews as ZNO. I think for the price I will risk it and see what happens. I will report back in a few months when I get the book.
Yes please, would love more reviews too to help my decision making. To be honest, I think overall quality and reviews are the same for this. Odds are you won't get a bad product. The only difference is the material and what features you like (outside of price).
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2955 posts
254 upvotes
Biggest issue with ZNO is quality control. I have had maybe three albums that had binding issues but they were quick to replace it almost without question.

I understand it isn't the best quality out there, but the value is really good.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:14 pm
Biggest issue with ZNO is quality control. I have had maybe three albums that had binding issues but they were quick to replace it almost without question.

I understand it isn't the best quality out there, but the value is really good.
3 out of how many have you purchased?

Also how fast are they to respond and correct? shipping costs etc?

Finally do you find any quality issues long term? Do the books slowly fall apart or you only noticed immediate QC problems when you receive them?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2955 posts
254 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:42 am
3 out of how many have you purchased?

Also how fast are they to respond and correct? shipping costs etc?

Finally do you find any quality issues long term? Do the books slowly fall apart or you only noticed immediate QC problems when you receive them?
I would say 3 out of 20-25, but I haven't experienced any in about a year. Long term I can't vouch for but I don't have any former customers complaining. They will correct it and ship right away. Shipping is usually around 2 weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:51 am
I would say 3 out of 20-25, but I haven't experienced any in about a year. Long term I can't vouch for but I don't have any former customers complaining. They will correct it and ship right away. Shipping is usually around 2 weeks.
Thank you.

How do you find the colouring? I think my photos are RGB or whatever and my concern is the colours will come out a bit darker than on my screen. Unfortunately I use an iMac that is not corrected so everything looks nice and bright.