Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 9, 2006
96 posts
13 upvotes

flyfar.ca - is it legit?

http://www.flyfar.ca

Can't find anything on these guys here on RFD or anywhere for that matter. Prices appear to be better than anywhere else I can find, but is it a case of too good to be true? I'm wary because they just registered their domain on 2013/05/08 despite them advertising that they've spent "the last 15 years cementing relationships"

Thoughts?
26 replies
Dec 9, 2005
896 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
I checked it for a flight I want to book and I am getting the exact same price as Toureast. I tried to book with Air Canada but their price was way higher, same flights, same planes.
Aug 19, 2013
1 posts
Booked! They were the cheapest I could find, will let you guys know when I return - flying in a week
Oct 15, 2008
9 posts
Vancouver
KevinCassick wrote:
Sep 16th, 2013 4:32 pm
Booked! They were the cheapest I could find, will let you guys know when I return - flying in a week
Need to buy 4 tickets for wedding and they are way cheaper, than any online site so far! Legit ???
Jun 5, 2007
973 posts
204 upvotes
York
It looks like re-branded Flight Network, or at least they are using the same booking engine.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3043 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't really look any cheaper than any other website for flying YYZ-HKG - they seem to be a couple of dollars cheaper, but you have at least one more stopover.
Oct 15, 2008
9 posts
Vancouver
bilingualmk wrote:
Sep 29th, 2013 3:58 pm
It looks like re-branded Flight Network, or at least they are using the same booking engine.
So you think it's safe? I guess if I have any issues I can call my CC provider?!!
Jun 5, 2007
973 posts
204 upvotes
York
It's definitely a FlightNetwork affiliate or something of that manner, check the prices on FlightNetwork and see if they're any higher. Once the booking has gone through, make sure that your PNR code is active within 24 hours.

On the payment page if you look at the Page source there's a bunch of stuff for FlightNetwork:

document.write("<!-- insertion point for Test & Target code for secondary -->");
document.write("<div style='display:none' id='mbox_define_update'> </div>");
//Code to set payment page link regardless of server.
//Moving from http to https had overhead of changing link from http to https
//also require to change it as acoording to server name, fnstager, fntest, whitelabel or live
function set_payment_page_link() {
var fullurl = location.href;
//check for live servr
var matches = fullurl.indexOf('www.flightnetwork.com');
if(matches != -1) {
link_to_payment_page = "https://www.flightnetwork.com";
}
//check for portland server
matches = fullurl.indexOf('www2.flightnetwork.com');
if(matches != -1) {
link_to_payment_page = "https://www2.flightnetwork.com";
Dec 21, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
I booked a ticket for airfrance through flyfar. I had to cancel it and I have been calling them many times. They said someone wil call in two days . No one called. Still calling them to cancel. There representatives always put me on hold and cut the phone. Don't know where to complaint. It's a 2635$ ticket . They are scam
Dec 22, 2013
1 posts
I used them last week to book a flight from Vancouver to Seattle. It was with Air Alaska. I saved over 200$ and it was totally fine. Even when I had to change my flight back, I was able to do it online or at the airline counter. The prices were lower then booking directly through Air Alaska. I am happy and will defiantly use them in the future.
Jan 25, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
Don not trust this site. Yesterday I was excited to find a flight for about 80$ cheaper than kayak.com but one hour after booking a next-day flight from Victoria to San Francisco (confirmation recieved and credit card already charged), the company sent an email to say the flight was no longer available. By this time the price of the flight had gone up by several hundred dollars (450 to 800) and we had to scramble to book a different (also pricey) flight. The company made no attempt to fix the problem beyond offering to re-book for hundreds of dollars more. We were refunded but the possibility of facing that added stress, time, and expense of a mix up like that ensures that I will never again book through flyfar.ca.
Dec 30, 1969
1 posts
1 upvote
I bought tickets to Portugal on SATA from them this year and the price was competitive to other quotes I got but decided to use them because the whole process was online and I didn't have time to go visit the travel agents. Well learned my lesson, never will buy tickets online from a broker, will only buy direct from airline or at a travel agent face to face. Why? Well when I asked them about baggage weight limits they told me to check with the airlines, so called up SATA and waited in the queue then said the hell with it and checked their website and it said 2 bags 50 pounds each. My mistake. On the day of the flight I and my partner arrive at the airport with 2 bags and at the check out counter lady says we are not entitled to ANY luggage! We told her we were not aware and she told me we bought tickets with no baggage allowance. I asked her why would a airline sell a 4 week round trip ticket to a foreign destination without luggage. Anyways she said my travel agent should have explained it and when I contacted Flyfar from the airport they said there was nothing they could do and it was my fault and responsibility to call the airline to confirm what I had bought from them. $800 lesson, $200 per bag per trip.

Lesson: Make sure you know what you are buying and don't assume these online brokers will voluntarily provide you with all the information to make an informed decision.

Scootoronto wrote:
Jan 26th, 2014 4:51 pm
Don not trust this site. Yesterday I was excited to find a flight for about 80$ cheaper than kayak.com but one hour after booking a next-day flight from Victoria to San Francisco (confirmation recieved and credit card already charged), the company sent an email to say the flight was no longer available. By this time the price of the flight had gone up by several hundred dollars (450 to 800) and we had to scramble to book a different (also pricey) flight. The company made no attempt to fix the problem beyond offering to re-book for hundreds of dollars more. We were refunded but the possibility of facing that added stress, time, and expense of a mix up like that ensures that I will never again book through flyfar.ca.
May 1, 2007
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

They have the worst customer service rep. I bought the delta deal through them earlier in the year. This is what happened.

1. My flights got moved around 6 different times. (there was a change everywhere!)

2. The last straw for me was when they moved up my flight from 7pm departing Toronto to 1pm Toronto time without giving me any update. I had to find out on the delta website that my booking has been changed! When I called to complain, the customer service rep with the thick accents told me that I still have plenty of time (it was 5 weeks before departure) They will deal with customers that have more urgent problems first. I finally had to escalate it to facebook and they finally contacted me. They weren't even going to offer me a full refund until I told them that it's a part of my right as a consumer if the flight gets moved for more than 4 hours... I can qualify for a full refund.

3. It has been more than 3 weeks after I applied for a refund and no money yet.

I just end up flying with United on a ticket that was only $20 more
Jun 15, 2008
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ABSOLUTELY THE WORST AND MOST TERRIBLE AIRLINE TICKETING SERVICE EVER!!!!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!! I ADVISE EVERYONE TO NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE THEM!!!!!!!!
Flyfar is the F*cking worst air ticket service ever. There customer service is absolutely atrocious absolutely bullsh*t. Be advised that they do NOT disclose that they are affiliated with Flight Network. This makes everything difficult and unclear to people who never used them before. But I urge people who never tried booking with them to just NEVER ever both with them because Flyfar totally rips you off gives you s*it attitude to the the customers.

I had booked my a round trip from Toronto to Vancouver. And after booking with them a common understanding is that you assume you only get 1 and I repeat ONE confirmation from the online booking service you made your reservation with. NOT TWO seperate confirmations from two different booking services. I happened to get two e tickets one from Flyfar and one from Flight Network. But Flyfar shows a round trip e ticket confirmation and the Flight Network shows only a flight coming back. And I get a totally seperate email from Flight Network not knowing that it was a related to my Flyfar flight. I end up cancelling my one way flight back from Flight Network and somehow they ended up cancelling my entire round trip flight entirely!!!!!!

The day I get to the airport and check in they Air Canada advised me that I couldn't check in and found out that my flight had been cancelled and refunded! WTF?! I am suppose to be on a plane to my destination in 2 hours and they CANCELLED MY ENTIRE FLIGHT?!!! The F*ck is this?! I ended up having to pay DOUBLE for an extreme last minute flight which added so much more stress and panic at the airport that I wouldn't be able to make it on time.

I emailed them to complain and tell them about how their company had cancelled my entire flight where I only had knew that I thought they only cancelled one way flight. And when I sent them an email to sales@flyfar.com THEY BOUNCE BACK MY EMAIL?!!! So pretty much they can send you stuff but if you have any questions or complaints they totally block it from getting sent from them so they will never have to respond back to you. So I had it up to this point and pissed beyond believe so I called them to complain. And wow, their customer service is the absolutely the worst. Even at McDonald's or a convenience store they care about your concerns. I told the customer service rep all my concerns and he didn't DO ANYTHING to help my situation and all he said was ITS MY FAULT. Everything I said and even demanded that you should do something to fix this and all he said was it's not our problem, your the one who cancelled your flight. And when I told them on the phone your company is terrible, the representative responded "NO WERE NOT TERRIBLE your one who cancelled" Not even a sorry or some kind of rebate of some sort that has caused your customer all this trouble. NOT EVEN A F*cking SORRY!

This booking company needs to be investigated or shut down, because with so many other people who have tried booking with them there's more complaints and bad experiences with them than good, I really hope someone can stop them and stop scamming the customers. They totally suck. Everything about the company is terrible. If I had to put in a good word for them I wouldn't have any because they are just horrendous. They trick you with that you double book. They are connected to Flight Network and they mislead you with so many seperate emails from two booking companies. Don't be tricked by them. To be safe, I encourage people to just NOT use them EVER.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel