Parenting & Family

Flying Westjet with.carseat and stroller for 5 years old?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2018 12:02 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes

Flying Westjet with.carseat and stroller for 5 years old?

Is it free for both carseat AND stroller for 5 years old?

thank u!
8 replies
May 9, 2003
950 posts
145 upvotes
Yes. Car seat will be checked in or you can bring aboard. Stroller can be gate checked or checked in.
Jul 5, 2004
23401 posts
2950 upvotes
Do yourself a favour and leave the stroller behind. Unless it's medically required, a 5 year old doesn't need a stroller and you won't have to worry about dragging it around. A car seat alone is enough of a PITA
Jul 26, 2005
390 posts
36 upvotes
Canada
it needs to be an umbrella stroller to be free
May 15, 2011
7 posts
4 upvotes
TORONTO
I just flew with WJ earlier this month. For a child 2 and over you only have one free checked item and it has to be child equipment (car seat or stroller). We checked the car seat and gate checked the umbrella stroller for free.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6225 posts
1121 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 3:20 pm
We have had no issues on AC, WJ and United taking a folding stroller. I have never heard of any friends have problems with their non-umbrella strollers either.

I also do not see any language around type of stroller on Westjet's site:
https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-in ... en/infants
The OP's child is 5.
Sep 28, 2017
283 posts
173 upvotes
we have a 4 year old and can understand the need for the stroller.... saves the headache and extra stress of chasing them around when they won't listen. one option you may want to look at before you fly out is the quinney 3 wheeled stroller. it folds up to the size of a duffle bag and weights about 5lbs. it will fit in the over head compartment as well but i wouldn't do it as it could decapitate the old bitties when trying to get it back out.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8229 posts
872 upvotes
My 2 cents - travelling with a 5 year old, mi-fold + no stroller. Less stuff to struggle with checking in/out, carry around airport, wait around for, etc.

At 4, our oldest struggled a little walking 8km around DC. At 5, he had no issue walking 10km/day around Disneyland, on back to back days. After that I signed him up for a 5k race and he finished it no problem with no training. They're balls of energy - let them burn it off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)