• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2018 7:46 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2011
21 posts
2 upvotes
Courtenay

Foam mattress

On our 2nd mattress warranty return in 5 years with Sleep Country. It seems that we are average sized people who make massive body dents in mattresses, despite frequent turning. Sleep Country is recommending a bed that won't ever need to be warranty returned because it's such good quality, but will cost us an additional $700. The internet gives it terrible reviews and we're fed up. Thinking of getting a solid chunk of foam from the foam store, which we can be flipped, maybe somewhat correcting the body dent issue? I know people use foam like this for their camper mattresses, but for daily use? Not even sure how a chunk of foam from the local foam store differs from what Endy or Casper sends. Feedback?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18223 posts
1728 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I don't have one personally but I've heard the foam toppers from Costco are pretty good.
Aug 8, 2018
30 posts
8 upvotes
This might be way off target for what you're looking for, but we got a latex mattress from Ikea a few years ago and we love it. It's firm but not uncomfortable (great for back pain relief), doesn't dent, and it's not super hot like foam mattresses. We got the "natural" latex version ($1000) but if you're not concerned about possible off-gassing of chemicals (if you're interested in foam it's probably not something you're worried about anyways), than the regular one is much cheaper I believe. We are both side/stomach and occasionally back sleepers and find it very comfortable. But obviously not a good choice if you're allergic to latex!
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1596 posts
963 upvotes
Ottawa
rfdrfd wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 4:38 pm
https://www.amazon.ca/Thermarest-040818 ... psc=1&th=1

Best mattress ever I've had. My parents and siblings all have it and it's been the same for me for 12 years.

Never needs flipping, shape is exactly the same as day 1. We sleep on it every night.
Why are you recommending a camp mattress?????