• Feb 19th, 2018 4:09 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1471 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
Lime Rickeys at Square One. Great atmosphere. Used to hang out there after the gym with a great group of friends. Most married and not allowed out without permission.
Same with the Keg inside Square One, great salad bar.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10399 posts
1163 upvotes
jameson53 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2013 10:05 pm
steak n'burger near U of T; romi's pizza, carman's; crock & block; apache burger (still good); black angus (still good)
Dried out meat on a soggy bun served to you by angry, heavily tattooed ex-cons. Add to that, no specials, high prices and the place is filthy. I would complain about the server dropping a bun on the ground and then using it for the burger the guy after me ordered, but I didn't want to end up as his third tear drop tattoo.

Also you're missing the point of the thread. It's restaurants that you enjoyed, but no longer exist... not name every restaurant you know.
Apr 29, 2014
1 posts
York, ON
You might also remember the Jolly buccaneer on Lawrence everything had a stupid pirate name but they served you on a tray at your car window ( not so good in the winter )
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2023 posts
311 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
clifford_k_goodman wrote:
Jul 26th, 2012 5:13 pm
H. Salt, Esq. was the fish and chips place. Amazingly, they are still around in Southern California, of all places.
OMG memories H. Salt fish&chips loved that place. Mother's pizza, and Ponderosa were favorites too. I loved the lunch counters in the old Kresge's and Woolworth stores, when we went shoppping with my mom, my brother and I would always split a hotdog platter. They never changed them they always looked like you just stepped into the 1950's, yet it was the 1980's they all closed up or became Kmart's and Woolco's in the early 90's.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38663 posts
3292 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Zephyr22b wrote:
Jul 9th, 2012 11:03 am
"Duks"...That chicken burger place that was across the street from Riverdale Collegiate at the corner of Jones/Gerrard, when it was owned and run by Dave. It's a Starbucks now =(

I miss those chicken burgers.

Yeah! Playing sam gong for loonies...
Mega touch for kicks... And "nba jam" between games of street fighter.
I remember when they switched from chicken burger paties to the piece of battered boneless chicken theigh.
It was only $2.
That was back in the day when you could buy a girl something from sing wai and win her heart. After which you'd go to duk sing for a quick bite.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2671 posts
1208 upvotes
Ottawa
Mad Dog Burger.

The memories are not of the food.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Bring back the Wendy's Superbar!
AYCE for $2.99! :cheesygri

Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
MOTHERS PIZZA HUGE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!!
best part of my childhood

I win, close the thread.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1300 posts
118 upvotes
That hot dog stand at Honest Ed's. My mom would always take us to Ed's as part of back-to-school shopping and I'd ditch her and just hang out near the stand and smell those dogs on the roller. Best part of visiting that dump.

God, I can smell the dogs now just thinking about it. And I never even got to taste one!
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13282 posts
715 upvotes
Don't really miss many of the restaurants...most are have been replaced by better (i.e. Fudruckers is a shadow of the good burger places now).

If I had one wish it would be for Wendy's to bring back the salad bar...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)