• Nov 22nd, 2022 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
Dinamo2016 wrote: The Kenny Rogers in Mississauga on Dundas near Dixie was a McDonald’s previously which moved across the street.
How I miss Kenny Rogers Roasters! The corn bread! I think they're all gone except out in Asia now.
Jan 4, 2015
3 posts
Tatamagouche, NS
Oh yeah!
I believe it was on the south side of Lawrence around Wexford Blvd.
Sign that read Copper Kettle was made of 1" round foil/plastic circles that fluttered in the wind.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
Heres one.
Its a place called “cheese steak” or something like that.
They specialized in their version of a philly cheese steak.
They were always in mall food courts.
Forgot the name exactly, but it was along the lines of “cheese steak”.
Has been non-existent for over a decade.
Maybe not many people liked it. But as a teenager that was my “splurge” meal because it had steak in it… lol
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Heres one.
Maybe not many people liked it. But as a teenager that was my “splurge” meal because it had steak in it… lol
A similar place is still around. It was called Charlies Cheesesteaks.
Not long ago, they decided to shorten the name to Charlies.
You can find them in the Woodbine Centre and Square one food courts, to name two locations. https://www.charleys.com/locations/
Here's their Cheesesteaks: https://www.charleys.com/menu/cheesesteaks/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone live in ON? I grew up there and there was a Mothers Pizza near me. Are they still around?
Deal Guru
Apr 6, 2005
11686 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Heres one.
The Great Steak and Potato Co.

I remember them being at College Station Foodcourt and STC
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Ogata wrote: I remember them being at College Station Foodcourt and STC
The whole College station food court. Gone. KFC/Taco Bell and a few select others are staying, but it's about to become a whole new food court.
New food court furniture and all...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9930 posts
7093 upvotes
Mississauga
trellaine201 wrote: Anyone live in ON? I grew up there and there was a Mothers Pizza near me. Are they still around?
As a chain it died I think in the early 1990’s. There have been a couple of standalone stores that tried to make a go of it again but I don’t think they were successful.

I remember them well. The checkered table cloths, the Laurel and Hardy design motif. :)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21169 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Anyone live in ON? I grew up there and there was a Mothers Pizza near me. Are they still around?
https://motherspizza.com/

not sure if this is associated with the ones found in Scarborough back in the 80's. When I was little, our whole family traveled from mid town Toronto to this location (Kennedy/Shepard) for real good pizzas.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
A+ subs seems to be long gone.
Thank god Belly Buster subs is filling the void. They plan to open several locations soon,
creating more long over due competition for Subway sub.

There will be a new Belly Buster sub on College street near Bathurst and another location opening soon also, on Bloor between Bathurst and Spadina.
(both locations have an "Opening soon" sign in the window)
I think there's a few more locations also coming soon, but I'm not sure.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18148 upvotes
ONTARIO
playnicee1 wrote: A+ subs seems to be long gone.
Thank god Belly Buster subs is filling the void. They plan to open several locations soon,
creating more long over due competition for Subway sub.

There will be a new Belly Buster sub on College street near Bathurst and another location opening soon also, on Bloor between Bathurst and Spadina.
(both locations have an "Opening soon" sign in the window)
I think there's a few more locations also coming soon, but I'm not sure.
What happen to Firehouse subs?
Expanding, closing locations, or just chugging along?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
booblehead wrote: https://motherspizza.com/

not sure if this is associated with the ones found in Scarborough back in the 80's. When I was little, our whole family traveled from mid town Toronto to this location (Kennedy/Shepard) for real good pizzas.
Oh looks like they're a food services business now Looks like they also sell their pizzas frozen now in the retail market. But no stand along restaurants I can find via google. :(
Banned
Aug 17, 2022
32 posts
31 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: The whole College station food court. Gone. KFC/Taco Bell and a few select others are staying, but it's about to become a whole new food court.
New food court furniture and all...
That entire place was a dive. Had to learn to avoid the homeless people hanging out at some of the tables.

With Farm Boy and a better LCBO location on the other side of the mall now, looks like they are finally upgrading the entire complex.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
ifyouleave wrote: That entire place was a dive. Had to learn to avoid the homeless people hanging out at some of the tables.

With Farm Boy and a better LCBO location on the other side of the mall now, looks like they are finally upgrading the entire complex.
They've also been splurging on extra security for a while now.
Security mainly hangs around the Metro there, but sometimes checks the washrooms to make sure nobody is just hangin' out there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)