Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
aloha27 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2015 10:22 am
+1
Brice's Burger Bar. Watching for the numerous signs kept us kids occupied forever!
Red Barn (which I believe took over the Tim Horton's hamburgers building at Brimley/Lawrence?)

Anyone remember Stoney Creek Dairy Bar? Does anyone have a "stolen from Stoney Creek Dairy Bar" tray?
Tim Horton's (as we know it today) @ Brimley & Lawrence also closed down. The owner decided that people can now get their coffee etc @ On the Run down the street.
I'm not sure what will become of the land there...
Feb 26, 2009
717 posts
100 upvotes
This KFC near me at Lakeshore/Brownsline that closed a couple of years ago. Not because they are anything special, but more because they satisfied my dirty bird craving in a pinch.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
I thought Steak Queen @ Victoria Park and Lawrence closed down because it couldn't compete with the Harvey's across the Street, but that's gone now too!
Thankfully, it's just one Harvey's gone, not the whole chain, but it's sad to see that location go.

Here's the funny thing: How long will KFC last @ Victoria Park & Lawrence now that a very similar chicken place has opened next door?
(Note: The chicken place next door has a seating area. KFC does not)
May 13, 2015
1 posts
UncleSteve wrote:
May 29th, 2005 1:35 am
Anybody else remember Scott's Chicken Villa? Back in the days when Scott's Hospitality was the Canadian master-franchisee for KFC, they had some full-service restaurants under that banner. I remember the one on Dundas, roughly across from the [rfdlink=autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] just west of Kipling subway station.

I also have fond memories of Mother's Pizza. I remember the one in Brampton on Main St. used to have *huge* lines to get in, and to have your parents take you there was a big treat.
Anyone remember Scott's Chicken Villa on Yonge St ... near the Brown Derby back in the very early 1970's?!!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
GaryJ163 wrote:
May 14th, 2015 9:08 pm
Anyone remember Scott's Chicken Villa on Yonge St ... near the Brown Derby back in the very early 1970's?!!
I would have been too young to remember that, but was it near the Dairy Delight, which later became Dairy Queen? (I think that DQ location is gone now too...)
Feb 17, 2008
285 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
H Salt Fish and Chips in hamilton east end!!! the best!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
Skully wrote:
May 15th, 2015 2:53 am
H Salt Fish and Chips in hamilton east end!!! the best!
Hey? Are they 100% gone? Or can you enjoy them at the CNE every August (in the food building) still??
May 14, 2015
29 posts
1 upvote
Richmond, BC
I'm not sure if this has been closed down in other cities, but Arby's was shut down a while ago in the city I live in. I miss their curly fries. I tried making my own by purchasing the frozen bags from grocery stores, but they're just not the same. :(
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12981 posts
2042 upvotes
Toronto
jcynailart wrote:
May 22nd, 2015 8:28 am
I'm not sure if this has been closed down in other cities, but Arby's was shut down a while ago in the city I live in. I miss their curly fries. I tried making my own by purchasing the frozen bags from grocery stores, but they're just not the same. :(
For some strange unknown reason there is no Arby's in Toronto, yet there is one in Ajax and one in Oshawa...
(a little too out of my way to get to...)
I miss them too!!
Aug 27, 2010
416 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
I remember Johnny Pizza on Weston Rd and Humber, I would go there every day during my high school lunch hour.
The fries were smothered in the best gravy ever, and the pizza was so delicious.

I asked the crazy greek "how come the pizza is so good" he said "the secret is I use the same mop to clean the floor, as I clean the oven"
He would even deliver for $13 min order man oh man, I would get a Large fries and Gravy with cheese, chicken burger, bacon burger slice of pizza and a soda $15 inc Tip, I remember it as it was yesterday.

His deliver guy was as shady as they get, he would also deliver you beer for $5 extra even as a minor in high school.
He drove a Trans am and we called him Tranny lol

Never the less they shut down more than 15 years ago for some critter infestation and unsafe food handling.
I still hear him yelling at every customer shouting " DONT BE A MARKOS"
Oct 23, 2011
367 posts
501 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
Bens De Luxe (1908 - 2006) I miss their Montreal-style smoked meat sandwich.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10399 posts
1163 upvotes
Paul & Sandy's only closed up shop a few months back, but it feels like it's long gone... Anybody know if they decided to open up a new place?
Jan 4, 2015
2 posts
Tatamagouche, NS
Another old establishment. "Ma's Lunch" 1565(?) Kingston Rd. I was 6 years old I think when we lived at 1563 K.R. way back in 1960.
Last edited by aloha27 on Feb 15th, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2015 12:43 pm
I thought Steak Queen @ Victoria Park and Lawrence closed down because it couldn't compete with the Harvey's across the Street, but that's gone now too!
Thankfully, it's just one Harvey's gone, not the whole chain, but it's sad to see that location go.

Here's the funny thing: How long will KFC last @ Victoria Park & Lawrence now that a very similar chicken place has opened next door?
(Note: The chicken place next door has a seating area. KFC does not)
I lived in that area back in 96. It was popular back then but the demographics of the area have changed completely. When did it actually close down? Also when did the theaters close down at Victoria Terrace?