• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2022 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1392 posts
7 upvotes
I don't know about McDonalds birthday bus...in Winnipeg they had the birthday train caboose

it was the greatest
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
I really miss Kenny Rogers and Olive Gardens, and of course, the old style A&W (with the roller services)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1068 posts
167 upvotes
MoonDoggy wrote: I really miss Kenny Rogers and Olive Gardens, and of course, the old style A&W (with the roller services)
+1 Kennnnnnnyyyssss
Mar 19, 2006
576 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington
Grassgreen wrote: the Malt Stop
AHHHH! We had one at the Oshawa Shopping Center. The thickest, most awesome shake (I don't even think I'd call it a shake)! I now let my ice cream melt to the same consistency when I eat it!!!
Nov 29, 2006
224 posts
3 upvotes
Yes! Thats what it was...Waldorf's Red Hots. OJ/Tang in paper cups like from a water cooler, lol...And aftet that it was upstairs to the Toy Dept. to see the awesome displayes they used to make with huge trainsets, and then outside to see the cool xmas window displays which were massive productions and drew large constant crowds because of the robots they used to animate elves, reindeers, etc..ahhh the memories

I remember being told to chose any toy I wanted as long as it was a buck or less. I guess in today's dollars that would be twenty bucks or so. My nightmare back then was to be dragged to the nearby Eatons discount place that had this horrible wooden escalator that I was deathly afraid of...as well it did not lead up to a toy department.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
Steeve Urkel wrote: OMG.....I totally remeber Redi Chef....lol that's too funny. loved the wedge fries :)

Also Olive Garden- I know it's not "real" italian but I like the Breadsticks, mozzarella sticks and fried zuchinni w dipping sauce.

Kenny Roger's roasters- at there a few times, was on Altavista.

Or in Nepean- Briskets smoked meat on merivale road, they just closed as the owner retired-was open for 20 years at least...now it's a pho place... > :(

I also remeber the Bay's malted milk machines- they just took them out this year at the one I shop at- so disapointing
Redi Chef was good =D Kenny Rogers was never really amazing, but they were there for awhile over at Alta Vista.
Aug 29, 2005
170 posts
Oakville
I miss the Little Ceaser's resturants. There was one in Oakville, it was so yummy!

And good Little Ceaser's pizza for that matter. The pizza sucks now. At least the crazy bread & sauce is still good.

St. Hubert's would be the other one for me, I liked there chicken, but I always got the ribs, they were so saucy.
Nov 6, 2003
953 posts
86 upvotes
Edmonton
I wish we still had The Pop Shoppe in Edmonton :(
Click on these links to see my Heatware evals and my eBay.ca feedback summary.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1392 posts
7 upvotes
Decius wrote: I wish we still had The Pop Shoppe in Edmonton :(
Pop Shoppe was good, but Pic A Pop put it to shame!
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
824 upvotes
Newmarket
sammgo wrote: I miss the Little Ceaser's resturants. There was one in Oakville, it was so yummy!
And good Little Ceaser's pizza for that matter. The pizza sucks now. At least the crazy bread & sauce is still good.

St. Hubert's would be the other one for me, I liked there chicken, but I always got the ribs, they were so saucy.
There's one at Winston Churchill/Dundas....not too far from Oakville.
Mar 19, 2006
576 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington
sammgo wrote: I miss the Little Ceaser's resturants. There was one in Oakville, it was so yummy!

A friend says the Little Caesar's in Burlington on New Street and Walkers Line still rocks.
Aug 29, 2005
170 posts
Oakville
stealth wrote: There's one at Winston Churchill/Dundas....not too far from Oakville.
Yes, there is a regular LC Pizza store there, but the one I mean was an actual sit down restaurant. Like Pizza Hut.
Davedigger wrote: A friend says the Little Caesar's in Burlington on New Street and Walkers Line still rocks.
That one is OK, I find the one at Upper Middle and Brant is better. I was there on Friday night and it was awesome.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2332 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
Grassgreen wrote: In Winnipeg, the same idea was the Malt Stop, downstairs at the Bay.

That was seriously a treat. Chocolate I am old enough that I remember getting in the elevators there and telling the elevator operator which floor to take me and my mom.
Which reminds me of Willie Woozle's chocolate malts for 75 cents when I was growing up. Mmmmmm, good times.
Jan 11, 2008
1 posts
I miss Frank Veteer's and Mother's pizza... and the original Pizza Hut, I find today's Pizza Hut is crap, too assembly line for me... I miss the deep dish pan pizzas with the crispy crust... they also used to make a real pizza pie called the priazzo, my favourite was the meat lovers

I also enjoyed the shopsy's lunch counters for a dog and soda, usually found near a grocery store, small mall with like the grocery store and a towers/zellers connected to it with small shops surrounding it... like a laundry mat, shoe repair, etc... The one I went to was at Shopper's City West in Ottawa.

Oh, and pretty much burger joints with the handmade patties (not frozen) are pretty much all gone... hard to find a decent burger in this town, thank god The Works is there.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
iamknadn wrote: I miss Frank Veteer's and Mother's pizza... and the original Pizza Hut, I find today's Pizza Hut is crap, too assembly line for me... I miss the deep dish pan pizzas with the crispy crust... they also used to make a real pizza pie called the priazzo, my favourite was the meat lovers

I also enjoyed the shopsy's lunch counters for a dog and soda, usually found near a grocery store, small mall with like the grocery store and a towers/zellers connected to it with small shops surrounding it... like a laundry mat, shoe repair, etc... The one I went to was at Shopper's City West in Ottawa.

Oh, and pretty much burger joints with the handmade patties (not frozen) are pretty much all gone... hard to find a decent burger in this town, thank god The Works is there.

Hahah,

I remember the hot dog lunch counter- weren't they called Pik Nik or something like that. I used to get food there when my parents did groceries.

The works is good, but $15 for a hamburger is quite steep.

I used to like Briskets smoked meat on Merivale rd and they closed maybe 2 years ago...now it is a Viet food place.

Briskets used to have homemade fried zuchinni, homemade breaded mushrooms and also pretty good montreal smoked meat!

The breakfast on the weekend was good and actually afffordable too...

But Nepean now finally has a ton as Asian food places and actual sushi thesedays....quite surprized!
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
189 upvotes
Gatineau
Great thread!!!

- When I was a little kid we used to go to the Red Barn in Scarboro for chicken dinner, it was a great place to go when you were 5.

- Corner Pizza in Whitby was frankly the best Pizza I have ever had in my life

- Jimmy's Steak and burger in Oshawa was great during school lunches

- H Salt fish and chips was really good too

- I'm not sure if its still around but Mystery Pizza was decent cheap pizza in the early 90's

- Of course all the ones mentioned Arthur Treachers fish and chips, Mothers Pizza, Honey Dew

I'll think of more later on today, great thread lets revive it
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
165 upvotes
GTA
+1 with Churches, loved their chicken with the Churches hot sauce. When you asked for theighs they happily gave them to customers.

Fire And Flame Burgers at St. Clair and Vaughn Rd.

Garden Restaurant in old chinatown, used to go there for the mussels and cold tea(beer) after clubbing.

Wah Tao...like above. Good hot and sour soup and open very late.

Toby's Good Eats, the burger...another late night eatery.

Just Desserts on Davenport.
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
189 upvotes
Gatineau
wolverine07 wrote: +1 with Churches, loved their chicken with the Churches hot sauce. When you asked for theighs they happily gave them to customers.

Fire And Flame Burgers at St. Clair and Vaughn Rd.

Garden Restaurant in old chinatown, used to go there for the mussels and cold tea(beer) after clubbing.

Wah Tao...like above. Good hot and sour soup and open very late.

Toby's Good Eats, the burger...another late night eatery.

Just Desserts on Davenport.
Was Davenport the one where the murder happened? Just deserts was great as I recall

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)