Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fonus

Fonus - unlimited phone plan US$ 30

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 9:55 am
Aug 24, 2018
842 posts
459 upvotes
Langley BC
bylo wrote: Indeed. See also on their subReddit from yesterday: Fonus Progress and Fonus Update : fonusmobile.

Likewise on their website: No mention of roaming outside NA except as RSN. Granted we can't generally travel outside NA during pandemic restrictions. That gives them time to RSN RSN. That also gives me time to wait and see.
It seems only positive reviews allowed on that reddit page.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
What8ever8left wrote: It seems only positive reviews allowed on that reddit page.
Well yes, it seems it's Simon's personal subReddit.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
well, I followed the OG Fonus thread bought a SIM ended up finally activating the newest SIM they have now

I would still call this service very much a alpha/beta, don't plan on using it as your main plan but you could rock a dual sim set up with this quite easily

Image is pretty much what I would get on Rogers while sitting at home (sans ping)

so if you're looking for a still beta/alpha mobile service, I recommend taking a look
Feb 1, 2023
1 posts
It is too good to be true it's a scam and will continue to charge you after leaving. The outages last for weeks they will not reimburse you. The app calls can't connect and is nothing but static.

AVOID AVOID AVOID. SCAM ALERT
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
YouGuysMadeMeInk wrote: It is too good to be true it's a scam and will continue to charge you after leaving. The outages last for weeks they will not reimburse you. The app calls can't connect and is nothing but static.

AVOID AVOID AVOID. SCAM ALERT
First and only post?... anyone else able to validate or confirm this data point?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
tmonies wrote: First and only post?... anyone else able to validate or confirm this data point?
See the Thread Summary as well as the first few pages of the thread. Fonus has been sketchy at best since day one.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)