Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Food Basics

Kicking Horse Coffee whole bean $9.88 pound

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2018 10:58 am
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
I don't know if it was that store only, but I got a bag of the Hola for only $7.97 just yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart (Steeles/Middlefield). Best Before Jun 5, 2018.

Edit: Also if you need Motrin (ibuprofen) and can use enough of it that fast, there were some with near-expiry dates (5/18, 6/18) with $5 off store coupons on them ($8.99 sale price, 90 tablets, or 72 gels), combine with Checkout 51 that has $3 cash back for any size Motrin.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Jun 3, 2005
778 posts
289 upvotes
Whitby
XcaliburZero wrote: I'm new to the coffee bean thing... does RFD have a preferred bean grinder or will any joe blow one do?
I've been using the Breville Smart Grinder Pro for the past year. Great machine. Does espresso as well as regular grind. I purchased it on sale at The Bay. Link
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
I've been using a Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder and have been very happy with it (paired with Aeropress). Like others have mentioned however, it's not the preferred option if your making espresso (at which point you'll need to consider machines over $200 minimum).

Anyone have any recommendations for medium roast? I've enjoyed the Three Sisters beans, and was looking to try something new.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
trixR4kids wrote: Anyone have any recommendations for medium roast? I've enjoyed the Three Sisters beans, and was looking to try something new.
I found out that _anything_ KH is no brainer to try ... Low levels of acidity, nice strong flavour, fresh... Didn't try their darkest roasts, but anything medium was more or less to my liking. And I'm pretty picky.

Also, for anyone searching locally, Amazon.ca has KH on sale often for $9.99/pound
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
max011 wrote: I found out that _anything_ KH is no brainer to try ... Low levels of acidity, nice strong flavour, fresh... Didn't try their darkest roasts, but anything medium was more or less to my liking. And I'm pretty picky.

Also, for anyone searching locally, Amazon.ca has KH on sale often for $9.99/pound
Can you share a link for that $9.99/pound ? I can't seem to find it.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
trixR4kids wrote: Anyone have any recommendations for medium roast? I've enjoyed the Three Sisters beans, and was looking to try something new.
Smart Ass is another medium roast that I tried and like but prefer Three sisters' flavour more
Kicking Horse whole bean coffee

Is anyone aware of this? I just found this out as I was looking into KH. Lavazza owns 80% of KH!!! Disappointed But Relieved Face
Lavazza has bought an 80 per cent stake in British Columbia-based Kicking Horse Coffee
Last edited by gumby on Apr 12th, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
PriceHunter wrote: Can you share a link for that $9.99/pound ? I can't seem to find it.
Maybe nothing at the moment. But it will come up. Just keep an eye [as in: add to a Wish list, or Amazon alert app] on KH coffee of your choice and wait for the sale... I got a few bags of Half-Ass 2 weeks ago at that price. Happens very often, and usually includes most of the flavours..

Edit:

looks like a bit more than 2 weeks ago, but..:

Last edited by max011 on Apr 12th, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
gumby wrote: Smart Ass is another medium roast that I tried and like but prefer Three sisters' flavour more
Kicking Horse whole bean coffee

Is anyone aware of this? I just found this out as I was looking into KH. Lavazza owns 80% of KH!!! Disappointed But Relieved Face
Lavazza has bought an 80 per cent stake in British Columbia-based Kicking Horse Coffee
Thanks, Smart Ass was the one the first one on my mind.
I've heard Cliff Hanger Espresso is good also, but would it matter if I'm grinding it for my Aeropress?

I noticed that the ground coffee version of Kicking Horse is on sale for $9.99 at SDM if anyone wants it pre-grinded.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
trixR4kids wrote: Thanks, Smart Ass was the one the first one on my mind.
I've heard Cliff Hanger Espresso is good also, but would it matter if I'm grinding it for my Aeropress?

I noticed that the ground coffee version of Kicking Horse is on sale for $9.99 at SDM if anyone wants it pre-grinded.
P re-grindeds are smaller packs [284 grams??] I believe, not 1lb

Grinding would not change the taste of your coffee - if that's what you are asking - as long as it is grind to a proper size..
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
xdavid wrote: Location? Not in the flyers in Toronto.
Front page of Ontario flyer April 12-18
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
They did not have the Hola light roast :(. Both walmart and no frills don't carry it either to price match with them :,(.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Kick Ass, 3 Sisters and 1 more I can’t remember in Markham FB.
Wasn’t Cliffhanger Espresso or Smart Ass.
Jan 5, 2013
43 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M65 ... UTF8&psc=1

Highly recommended, as long as you're not making coffee for 4 people.
Japanese made, quality parts. Will last you a LONG time because it's just a grinder with a hand lever.
There's a screw up top you can use to adjust the grind size but tbh i just keep it on the tightest and it's perfect for my french press
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
thenoob117 wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M65 ... UTF8&psc=1

Highly recommended, as long as you're not making coffee for 4 people.
Japanese made, quality parts. Will last you a LONG time because it's just a grinder with a hand lever.
There's a screw up top you can use to adjust the grind size but tbh i just keep it on the tightest and it's perfect for my french press
And I was thinking I'm the only weirdo around here... LOL
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
BTW, guys [as I predicted]:

Kicking Horse Coffee are on Special @Amazon.ca;
Grizzly Claw, Half Ass @$9.99
Subscribe & Save for @$9.49
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2007
1224 posts
92 upvotes
I bought a Baratza Encore for just under $200 on a Boxing Day special, IIRC (including tax) from Reunion Island.

Check out some different coffee machine/equipment vendors - many seem to occasionally offer up to 15% off purchases for anniversaries, sales, etc.

I found this grinder a big improvement over my old Cuisinart burr grinder.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1515 posts
294 upvotes
Newmarket/Aurora
Thanks OP picked up 1 bag of each flavour. Normally I drink the Kirkland brand from Costco. Will try these out ! Got them from Woodside Food Basics. Note that they are not placed at the coffee bean section but have their own stand at the back near refrigerated section of boxed juice and drinks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)