Sports & Recreation

Football - What ever happened to Christian Akoya - KC Running back???

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2004 5:43 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2004
4204 posts
87 upvotes

Football - What ever happened to Christian Akoya - KC Running back???

Do you guys remeber a running for the Kansas City Chiefs - Christian Akoya (sp??) - aka Nigerian Nightmare - What ever happened to him?
I remember he was one of those guys that carried the entire pile. Everyone compared him to Earl Campbell.

While we are on running backs... what about the Canadian, Tim Bia.... something... played for Michigan wolverines (mid 90's) and was drafted by Carolina?
7 replies
Oct 17, 2002
530 posts
6 upvotes
The only CDN RB in the NFL is the backup in Seattle (I think it's Kerry or something?).

But since we're talking about runningbacks...anyone here follow the Hurricane Willis story?

Big Willy is really starting to tear things up!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2083 posts
15 upvotes
Christian Okoye played for 6 years in the NFL. I don't know what he's up to these days but I know he has some foundation to help disadvantaged kids.

Tim Biakabutuka is not in the league anymore to my knowledge.

The 3rd string RB for the Seahawks is Kerry Carter who played for a high school in Toronto and went to play in the NCAA for Stanford. He was in town a few months ago and I remember reading an article about him in the Star. It said he killed someone when a defensive player tried to tackle him and there was a head to head collision which resulted in the guy being braindead. The ironic thing is the guy who died is from Seattle.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8485 posts
864 upvotes
GVR
masterc wrote:Do you guys remeber a running for the Kansas City Chiefs - Christian Akoya (sp??) - aka Nigerian Nightmare - What ever happened to him?
I remember he was one of those guys that carried the entire pile. Everyone compared him to Earl Campbell.

While we are on running backs... what about the Canadian, Tim Bia.... something... played for Michigan wolverines (mid 90's) and was drafted by Carolina?
Christian Okoye is mostly involved in his charitable foundation. He also does some speaking engagements.

I believe Tim Biakabutuka is now out of football (played his last NFL season in 2001).

Kerry Carter (born in Trinidad, moved to Toronto when he was 9) is the Seahawks 3rd string RB.
General Radek had some good ideas.
Mar 7, 2003
117 posts
14 upvotes
Tim something or other was with Buffalo in the mid 90's as a FB. He was nicknamed the Canadian Comet and even scored aTD on a short run.

Played for the Western Mustangs, likely Canadian.

T
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3775 posts
62 upvotes
Trevor wrote:Tim something or other was with Buffalo in the mid 90's as a FB. He was nicknamed the Canadian Comet and even scored aTD on a short run.

Played for the Western Mustangs, likely Canadian.

T
tim tinsdale
Sep 15, 2001
202 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
Didn't Okoye retire due to a similar hip injury like Bo Jackson?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1538 posts
20 upvotes
I thought it was a leg injury that did him in?
Yeah that guy was brutal. Seemingly unstoppable at the time. Need 8 yards in 2 plays? Give it to CO. He was more brutal than the Bus.
I'm on the road to 5000...
× < >