• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2012 8:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
Futureshop and Best Buy do not cater to a tech-saavy consumer who wants higher end equipment and service. They cater to the average consumer, someone who doesn't want to be yelled at and spoke to in "geek speak" over why they should be getting a higher gauge speaker cable, someone who won't notice the difference between 4GB and 6GB of RAM, someone who doesn't want to buy a brand they have never heard of, someone who wants an incredible return policy, and so on.

Once you actually look at the whole picture, stores like Futureshop and Best Buy serve a purpose and will always have a large consumer base because of it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
hazelsmrf wrote: Yeah, I mean obviously it works for them and they are better business people than I am. But I wonder, you also have to pay for twice the inventory, twice the rent, twice the employees... doesn't it seem like they would still make more money if they concentrated on either Best Buy or Futureshop and didn't compete against themselves like that? Even if you lost some sales to competitors, you'd still have way less overhead.

I was told by a BB employee that FS is a lower-end version of BB. That's why they keep FS open... for the lower-end consumers. :-0 :rolleyes:

I wonder how many Martin Logan speakers FS has sold... I'll take a set if they blow them out dirt cheap. :lol: Directional planar speakers seem to confuse/scare people. :-0
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Nov 24, 2006
721 posts
145 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
rf134a wrote: I was told by a BB employee that FS is a lower-end version of BB. That's why they keep FS open... for the lower-end consumers. :-0 :rolleyes:

I wonder how many Martin Logan speakers FS has sold... I'll take a set if they blow them out dirt cheap. :lol: Directional planar speakers seem to confuse/scare people. :-0

That's funny considering they sell pretty much exactly the same stuff. I just go to whichever is closest.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
Pretty accurate. The way they have stuff in that store is a disaster. I never know where anything is if i'm in there looking to buy a specific product.

Truth is, I can't wait until Amazon.com finds a way to offer EVERYTHING on their website through amazon.ca , and there is no longer a need to buy ANYTHING from BB/FS again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)