• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2017 9:24 pm
May 5, 2008
62 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
BigBear604 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 8:41 pm
I recommend checking prices on unhaggle.com to know the difference between msrp and the invoice. This will give you an idea of what the wiggle room dealers have on top of of the employee discount.
Pay the hundred bucks once you know exactly what model and specs you want and let them reverse auction you. I dicked around on two vehicles to figure out best offer and said what the hell, I'll try Unhaggle.com. Ford employee pricing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had dealers offering me lower than employee pricing by 500 bux frequently just because I tried out carcost Canada. Unhaggle.com premium ended up saving me even more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16386 posts
4997 upvotes
Ottawa
DevistatR wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 11:13 pm
Pay the hundred bucks once you know exactly what model and specs you want and let them reverse auction you. I dicked around on two vehicles to figure out best offer and said what the hell, I'll try Unhaggle.com. Ford employee pricing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had dealers offering me lower than employee pricing by 500 bux frequently just because I tried out carcost Canada. Unhaggle.com premium ended up saving me even more.
I bought my Ford under invoice according to unhaggle.LOL
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1369 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
yeah, you have some wiggle room. I got my 2017 Focus EV for $1200 less than the employee pricing
Oct 28, 2015
303 posts
110 upvotes
homenoob wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 4:03 pm
What's the best deal on a basic F150 these days? I'm trying to find a Supercrew 4x4 with the 5.0 or 3.5 Eco; best I've come across is a dealer in Alberta with a bunch of 300a packages for around $35k.
I was quoted $53k for a 5.0L F150 Supercrew Lariat yesterday. Told me that it's employee pricing less my $1,000 Costco discount. Considering they've made changes to the 2018 models, which are being released in a month or two, I think they can do better.
Jan 6, 2008
148 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
Got a Limited f150 about a week ago. Used car cost canada which gives the info you need to negotiate the deal. I emailed four local dealers in the morning with price I was willing to pay based on car cost canada info, and by end of day, signed sales agreement by email and called with my CC to provide deposit. Mine had to come in via dealer trade. All this to say that you can do better than employee pricing. However, if you're thinking of getting some massive additional discount, I wish you luck. My approach was to go in with a price that shares the profit the dealer was making, based on the info from Car Cost. If you go to one dealer, then you have no leverage. I played dealer off each other until I got what I wanted. Also, gotta take emotion out of it and be prepared to walk away. Overall, i saved a ton with employee pricing and discount, so I am very happy. I caution though, word is that release of 2018 F150 is delayed due to some technical issue, so 2017s are starting to go.
Dec 3, 2015
30 posts
3 upvotes
SK
luck11 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:13 pm
Got a Limited f150 about a week ago. Used car cost canada which gives the info you need to negotiate the deal. I emailed four local dealers in the morning with price I was willing to pay based on car cost canada info, and by end of day, signed sales agreement by email and called with my CC to provide deposit. Mine had to come in via dealer trade. All this to say that you can do better than employee pricing. However, if you're thinking of getting some massive additional discount, I wish you luck. My approach was to go in with a price that shares the profit the dealer was making, based on the info from Car Cost. If you go to one dealer, then you have no leverage. I played dealer off each other until I got what I wanted. Also, gotta take emotion out of it and be prepared to walk away. Overall, i saved a ton with employee pricing and discount, so I am very happy. I caution though, word is that release of 2018 F150 is delayed due to some technical issue, so 2017s are starting to go.
Dude, why not help out by attaching some dollar figures to everything you're talking about. Here's what I bought exactly one year ago today for comparison if it helps someone:

2016 F150 SuperCrew Shortbox Lariat 4x4 w/ 502a chrome, 3.5 V6 ecoboost;
options: 20" PVD wheels, factory spray in bed liner, twin panel moonroof (didn't want but turns out it's really awesome!), tech package (didn't want but the 360 camera's are cool too).

MSRP: $67,549

Paid: $52,150 + Tax (- $4750 Delivery Allowance - $8108 Employee pricing - $1000 Costco discount - $1541 Dealer and no doc fee)

Total Discount: $15,299 (~23%) off MSRP
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2322 posts
104 upvotes
It is better to get 2018 Mustang GT with the 10-speed auto or just get the 2017 with the manual + better discount?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1677 posts
845 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
rambokid wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:39 pm
It is better to get 2018 Mustang GT with the 10-speed auto or just get the 2017 with the manual + better discount?
Manual for sure if you like driving experience. I however like stats and numbers so 2018 Mustang GT makes more sense to me haha.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16386 posts
4997 upvotes
Ottawa
rambokid wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:39 pm
Wait for the 2018.
While I prefer a manual mated to the v8, the new tech and features on the 2018 with the 10-speed transmission is a huge improvement.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16386 posts
4997 upvotes
Ottawa
vittycent wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:07 am
Anyone get some more pricing on the Explorer?
I was able to get another $1000 off on the dealer's side when I bought mine.
This was my approach..."so I'm getting a discount from the factory and Costco, what are you going to do for me?"
Oct 7, 2016
59 posts
62 upvotes
User994301 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 9:28 pm
I was quoted $53k for a 5.0L F150 Supercrew Lariat yesterday. Told me that it's employee pricing less my $1,000 Costco discount. Considering they've made changes to the 2018 models, which are being released in a month or two, I think they can do better.

Yeah not bad. Good incentives on right now, but I figure the deals on 2017's should get sweeter at the end of the month and in September - and employee pricing is on through then.

If anyone is interested in a basic F150, Go Ford in Edmonton has the best pricing in Canada - believe me, I've scoured pretty much every dealership west of Ontario. They've got a bunch of XLT Supercrew 4x4's with either the 5.0 or the new 3.5 Ecoboost and 10 speed auto for $35k (give or take $1000) with no extra fees. I tried the email bomb technique with a bunch of other dealers, but nobody came that low. There's no better new truck on the market for that cheap.

That said, I ended up going with a Tacoma, as I'm up in the trails often for dirt/mountain biking and it's a bit easier to drive in the city. It was a tough choice between it and the F150 though.
Dec 3, 2015
30 posts
3 upvotes
SK
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:58 am
Wait for the 2018.
While I prefer a manual mated to the v8, the new tech and features on the 2018 with the 10-speed transmission is a huge improvement.
But then you're waiting another year for the prices on the 2018 to be discounted.
Jan 6, 2008
148 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
HausPoor wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:47 am
Yeah not bad. Good incentives on right now, but I figure the deals on 2017's should get sweeter at the end of the month and in September - and employee pricing is on through then.
Agreed, but selection is going to start dwindling, so if you are finicky about what you are looking for (trim level, options, colour etc), then you may be out of luck if you wait. The Limited I wanted in Platinum white were being sold off during the day and I was lucky the dealer I bought from had done a deal previously with a dealer about 100 kms away that had one in stock. I ended up getting the 3.55 locking axle and rubber matts set for free on top of my deal, because they could not get one without the options. If you're not picky and will take what you can get, then sure...no harm in waiting for potential further discount. Again, I heard from 2 separate dealers that the 2017s are starting to go because of deals and fact that (edit: the "claim that") release of 2018s is delayed. But, who knows for sure with these things. All a bit of a cr@p shoot.
Last edited by luck11 on Aug 3rd, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1130 posts
784 upvotes
Ottawa
aximrocks wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 3:18 pm
yeah, you have some wiggle room. I got my 2017 Focus EV for $1200 less than the employee pricing
How? Cash purchase?
Why would Ford dealership do it as I'm sure they can easily find a buyer at MSRP? (-employee pricing, -Costco rebate, -delivery allowance, -14k ON EV incentive)
But cash purchase makes sense.