• Oct 2nd, 2017 9:24 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15192 posts
4259 upvotes
Ottawa
Adster wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:19 am
But then you're waiting another year for the prices on the 2018 to be discounted.
It's just around the corner...LOL
Jan 6, 2008
144 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:30 am
How? Cash purchase?
Why would Ford dealership do it as I'm sure they can easily find a buyer at MSRP? (-employee pricing, -Costco rebate, -delivery allowance, -14k ON EV incentive)
But cash purchase makes sense.
Shouldn't have to be cash purchase. I financed the whole lot for my f150 Limited @1.9% less my $500 deposit. Will take my $$ from private sale of my current vehicle and the $$ I would have put down, and put into a safe investment with my financial advisor and make min of 4% over the next few years..thus turning a profit. Even if you're thinking that you need to reduce payment amount by putting a larger downpayment (say your trade, or $5-$10K), you're better off putting your downpayment in an investment (open...one that does not penalize for withdrawing at anytime) making 4-5% or more, and pulling funds from your investment on regular basis to support your car payments. Financing rates are too good to pass up. Even if you have cash to pay outright, just does not make sense to do so.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1344 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:30 am
How? Cash purchase?
Why would Ford dealership do it as I'm sure they can easily find a buyer at MSRP? (-employee pricing, -Costco rebate, -delivery allowance, -14k ON EV incentive)
But cash purchase makes sense.
yes, paid cash $32420 + $75 license fee.
btw, this is a factory order, dealer can not just sell it to another buyer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15192 posts
4259 upvotes
Ottawa
luck11 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:38 am
Shouldn't have to be cash purchase. I financed the whole lot for my f150 Limited @1.9% less my $500 deposit. Will take my $$ from private sale of my current vehicle and the $$ I would have put down, and put into a safe investment with my financial advisor and make min of 4% over the next few years..thus turning a profit. Even if you're thinking that you need to reduce payment amount by putting a larger downpayment (say your trade, or $5-$10K), you're better off putting your downpayment in an investment (open...one that does not penalize for withdrawing at anytime) making 4-5% or more, and pulling funds from your investment on regular basis to support your car payments. Financing rates are too good to pass up. Even if you have cash to pay outright, just does not make sense to do so.
You understand that you pay capital gains on your investment, thus it does not make sense "pulling funds from your investment on regular basis to support your car payments"!
Jan 6, 2008
144 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
Of course! But you're only paying tax on 50% of any capital gain, depending on investment....so you will be ahead of the game regardless...especially if you can get .99% or 0% financing.

I suppose though, it's a question of whether you want to put in the effort. Also, not sure what the rates are at the moment though, so makes sense to do your own calcs to determine net benefit and whether its worth it to you. Also, each person's financial situation, employment and ability to apply tax strategies to minimize tax etc. will impact what that net benefit figure is.

Did this in 2013 when I bought and sold my vehicles, and with my financial advisor, we calculated net benefit based on some assumptions of ROI and capital gains. What that figure was....I cannot remember (at my age, memory is not one of my strongest features) but it was significant enough for me to decide not to trade in my vehicle (even though the offer was quite good) and put essentially zero down and finance the total value. In any case, never would have thought of it prior...I just have a good financial advisor who made the suggestion during one of our discussions.

Another thing...of course, there is always risk to any investment dropping in value. But this is where you need to choose wisely.

Again, this is just a suggestion and really up to each to determine benefit and decide if worth it, and whether you can tolerate any risk. Just mentioning it for those who may not have considered it otherwise (as I would not have done without my advisor).

Okay...I'm done. Darnit...didn't mean to hijack this thread. Back to employee pricing.
May 13, 2015
20 posts
5 upvotes
luck11 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:13 pm
Got a Limited f150 about a week ago. Used car cost canada which gives the info you need to negotiate the deal. I emailed four local dealers in the morning with price I was willing to pay based on car cost canada info, and by end of day, signed sales agreement by email and called with my CC to provide deposit. Mine had to come in via dealer trade. All this to say that you can do better than employee pricing. However, if you're thinking of getting some massive additional discount, I wish you luck. My approach was to go in with a price that shares the profit the dealer was making, based on the info from Car Cost. If you go to one dealer, then you have no leverage. I played dealer off each other until I got what I wanted. Also, gotta take emotion out of it and be prepared to walk away. Overall, i saved a ton with employee pricing and discount, so I am very happy. I caution though, word is that release of 2018 F150 is delayed due to some technical issue, so 2017s are starting to go.
No delay on 2018 F150 as I have one in stock and 2 sitting at transport company to be delivered next week.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1318 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
I used to drive Japan or Germany car before. Recently I get rental cars Ford Focus and Chevrolet Impala. To be honest to you, both car are really good especially Impala. Impala has a lot of space, very power fully and the it integrate with my Android phone very well. I'm looking for a sedan and I'll look into which car in Ford series fit my pocket.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15192 posts
4259 upvotes
Ottawa
kanata2004 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:26 pm
I used to drive Japan or Germany car before. Recently I get rental cars Ford Focus and Chevrolet Impala. To be honest to you, both car are really good especially Impala. Impala has a lot of space, very power fully and the it integrate with my Android phone very well. I'm looking for a sedan and I'll look into which car in Ford series fit my pocket.
I recommend the Fusion and if you like power; get the Sport Trim.
Comes with Sync3, which has Android Auto and Carplay.
Jan 5, 2006
951 posts
897 upvotes
Impala vs Taurus

I am hesitate choose impala v6 or mustang v6 3.7 fastback. Any suggest?thxs

uote=kanata2004 post_id=28076146 time=1501788366 user_id=11859]
[/quote]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1318 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:57 pm
I recommend the Fusion and if you like power; get the Sport Trim.
Comes with Sync3, which has Android Auto and Carplay.
Thanks. I'll check Sync3 when I'm in home :)

L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Oct 13, 2015
909 posts
276 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
Does anyone have experience with C-max energi?
I'm looking for a plug in EV.
Jan 8, 2009
546 posts
75 upvotes
Ontario
likemontreal wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 4:19 pm
Does anyone have experience with C-max energi?
I'm looking for a plug in EV.
My wife and I have had a C-Max Energi SEL with self park (never used) for 3.5 yrs and have 65k km on it. She drives it briskly and has a lifetime equivalent 2.6 l/100km on it. Our friends have one they bought after seeing ours that they only use on short trips and they average 1.5l/100km. Wife has a 30 km commute plus running around and uses 70/30 electric/gas split overall according to myfordmobile. Car has performed well and we have been very pleased with it. Only issues we have had have been getting sound cancellation microphones readjusted and air / heat stopped working recently which turned out to be oxidation on a wire connection- $160 diagnosis/repair outside B2B warranty.Happy to answer any questions - feel free to PM. Very good value car on employee pricing. Have had no problems in snow with winter tires.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2131 posts
76 upvotes
rambokid wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:39 pm
It is better to get 2018 Mustang GT with the 10-speed auto or just get the 2017 with the manual + better discount?
Unfortunately that's always the dilemma with new cars - current MY? or previous MY for a better price? I recently took delivery of a 2017 Mustang GT Premium and I am so glad I chose that over the 2018. As much as I love the new features of the 2018 (more power, digital cluster, 10 speed auto, drag mode, active exhaust, performance pack with the auto tranny, etc) I don't like the way the front looks. It looks too depressing lol. IMO the 2015-2017 Mustangs look the best (a lot more aggressive). Only downside is that you may not be able to order a new custom 2017 (pretty much stuck with dealer inventory).

I love the Sync 3 system on the new Fords. Blackberry's QNX is way better than the previous Microsoft Sync 2. The system is very fast, responsive and overall very reliable.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15192 posts
4259 upvotes
Ottawa
tapanpatel88 wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 1:36 am
Unfortunately that's always the dilemma with new cars - current MY? or previous MY for a better price? I recently took delivery of a 2017 Mustang GT Premium and I am so glad I chose that over the 2018. As much as I love the new features of the 2018 (more power, digital cluster, 10 speed auto, drag mode, active exhaust, performance pack with the auto tranny, etc) I don't like the way the front looks. It looks too depressing lol. IMO the 2015-2017 Mustangs look the best (a lot more aggressive). Only downside is that you may not be able to order a new custom 2017 (pretty much stuck with dealer inventory).

I love the Sync 3 system on the new Fords. Blackberry's QNX is way better than the previous Microsoft Sync 2. The system is very fast, responsive and overall very reliable.
Now let's hear that startup.
Penalty Box
Jul 30, 2017
91 posts
57 upvotes
rambokid wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:39 pm
It is better to get 2018 Mustang GT with the 10-speed auto or just get the 2017 with the manual + better discount?
Only you can answer that.

My choice would be the 2018 GT with manual. I realize the auto is a few hairs quicker, but it will never be as fun and engaging as rowing through the gears and having complete control of when to upshift/downshift.