• Oct 2nd, 2017 9:24 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26977 posts
6423 upvotes
GTHA
duckdown wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:36 am
Hey man thanks for the post.. Quick question about buying the car from Quebec though; which rebates specifically for the EV would I be eligible for, and for how much?

If I can find the Focus EV for ~$20k I'll take it.. Even if I gotta pay more than the people who got better deals, I'm fine with that as long as it's still around that price point after rebates
Focus Electric is eligible for the maximum EVIP $14,000 rebate.

Which electric vehicles are eligible for Ontario's Electric Vehicle Incentive Program?

The Electric Vehicle Incentive Program provides incentives for eligible new, highway-capable plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and battery electric vehicles (BEVs) that have not previously been registered and plated in Ontario or another jurisdiction. Vehicles must be insured and roadworthy.

Eligible BEVs and PHEVs can be either purchased or leased within or outside of Ontario by the original purchaser or lessee. Vehicles must meet all program criteria and cannot receive another incentive from another province/state or Canadian/US federal government.

from http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicl ... -faq.shtml
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17667 posts
791 upvotes
Brampton
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:47 am
Focus Electric is eligible for the maximum EVIP $14,000 rebate.

Which electric vehicles are eligible for Ontario's Electric Vehicle Incentive Program?

The Electric Vehicle Incentive Program provides incentives for eligible new, highway-capable plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and battery electric vehicles (BEVs) that have not previously been registered and plated in Ontario or another jurisdiction. Vehicles must be insured and roadworthy.

Eligible BEVs and PHEVs can be either purchased or leased within or outside of Ontario by the original purchaser or lessee. Vehicles must meet all program criteria and cannot receive another incentive from another province/state or Canadian/US federal government.

Thank you mate, and this will apply regardless of any province it was purchased in as long as I'm a resident of ON?
Discord: ZAvMRrc
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26977 posts
6423 upvotes
GTHA
duckdown wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:23 pm
Thank you mate, and this will apply regardless of any province it was purchased in as long as I'm a resident of ON?
Yes, as long as the vehicle has not been registeret, plated, has not received an incentive from another province and you are residing in Ontario.

Who can apply for the incentive?

Individuals, businesses, municipalities, non-government organizations and non-profit organizations residing in Ontario are eligible for an incentive. EVIP incentives support the purchase or lease of eligible electric vehicles registered and plated in Ontario.

Nov 22, 2011
546 posts
65 upvotes
Batcave
CanadianTSi wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 11:02 am
I ended up at a little over 7k off MSRP.
I'm currently looking at the Explorer XLT (and the Edge). Over 7k off MSRP is VERY good since there isn't any cash rebates or delivery allowances for this model. Just costco + employee rebate.

Is that the all in price including tax and fees though? Can't figure out how you got such a low price! I kept coming to ~5k under as a good price. Any info would be appreciate, thanks!

If anyone else purchased an Edge or Explorer please share some more data points! Based on quick math, for the Edge, SE and SEL trim come in at nearly identical price points so it makes more sense to get the SEL due to bigger rebates.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16386 posts
4997 upvotes
Ottawa
FalconR wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:40 pm
I'm currently looking at the Explorer XLT (and the Edge). Over 7k off MSRP is VERY good since there isn't any cash rebates or delivery allowances for this model. Just costco + employee rebate.

Is that the all in price including tax and fees though? Can't figure out how you got such a low price! I kept coming to ~5k under as a good price. Any info would be appreciate, thanks!

If anyone else purchased an Edge or Explorer please share some more data points! Based on quick math, for the Edge, SE and SEL trim come in at nearly identical price points so it makes more sense to get the SEL due to bigger rebates.
You will also need to work on getting additional discounts from the dealership.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1130 posts
784 upvotes
Ottawa
duckdown wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:27 am
I'm in the east coast for summer vacation until mid-august and would happily buy one from QC.

Any ideas where I'd begin, for something like this? Do I just start calling up Quebec dealerships ?
I bought 2017 FFE 3 weeks ago just by emailing every QC dealership asking specifically for it. You would have pay in full and apply for rebate yourself though. They are giving transit plates that are good for 10 days, then you need to register it in ON.
Good luck finding one now. Also, QC dealerships got 20(in total, not per dealership) 2018 models allocation and apparently taking orders now on them (if they are not all taken already). ON got nothing for 2018.
Nov 22, 2011
546 posts
65 upvotes
Batcave
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:02 pm
You will also need to work on getting additional discounts from the dealership.
My parents really need a new car (current one broke down a few days ago and now we're renting a vehicle) so I'm worried that if I lowball the dealerships they would ignore me.

For the XLT when I came to around 5k below MSRP that was still about a grand below invoice. Then I was planning to approach them with an offer a bit below that. All the #s I'm using is the "all in" price.

However judging from the posts here it seems I should go even lower then that? 7k below msrp would be like 2k below invoice which is amazing! Do you guys think I should start negotiating that low? Last year when I purchased an Accord I paid 1% above invoice all in and posters here said that was a good deal. So I have no idea what to expect with Ford now lol. I just knew I could haggle below invoice due to the employee pricing but didn't expect more then 1k.

I'm currently interested in XLT + 4WD + BLIS. Would love Appearance Package but only if discounted.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16386 posts
4997 upvotes
Ottawa
FalconR wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 6:08 pm
My parents really need a new car (current one broke down a few days ago and now we're renting a vehicle) so I'm worried that if I lowball the dealerships they would ignore me.

For the XLT when I came to around 5k below MSRP that was still about a grand below invoice. Then I was planning to approach them with an offer a bit below that. All the #s I'm using is the "all in" price.

However judging from the posts here it seems I should go even lower then that? 7k below msrp would be like 2k below invoice which is amazing! Do you guys think I should start negotiating that low? Last year when I purchased an Accord I paid 1% above invoice all in and posters here said that was a good deal. So I have no idea what to expect with Ford now lol. I just knew I could haggle below invoice due to the employee pricing but didn't expect more then 1k.

I'm currently interested in XLT + 4WD + BLIS. Would love Appearance Package but only if discounted.
There's nothing to lose, as you can simply walk to the next dealership.
As an example, when I bought my Explorer Sport (dual panel moon roof and 2nd row buckets), I drove off at $52K OTR, which is well below invoice.
Nov 22, 2011
546 posts
65 upvotes
Batcave
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 7:25 pm
There's nothing to lose, as you can simply walk to the next dealership.
As an example, when I bought my Explorer Sport (dual panel moon roof and 2nd row buckets), I drove off at $52K OTR, which is well below invoice.
Well I plan to use the email bomb method again haha. Maybe I can just email a few of the farthest dealerships first and see what happens...

Thanks for sharing some more prices. Do I have this right:

Explorer Sport

edit: Nvm, I forgot to be constant with the fees and taxes. Redid the math and I think you paid ~3k below invoice!

Also appreciate all the help! I really hope to purchase the XLT by next week!
Last edited by FalconR on Aug 10th, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
FalconR wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 8:07 pm
Well I plan to use the email bomb method again haha. Maybe I can just email a few of the farthest dealerships first and see what happens...

Thanks for sharing some more prices. Do I have this right:

Explorer Sport

MSRP $52,999
Dual panel moon roof + 2nd row bucket options $2,250
Total MSRP $55249

Unhaggle invoice for 2017 (2018 models is usually the same or a few hundred more at most) $49,054
Invoice with options @ regular price $51,304

So wouldn't your OTR be $3k under MSRP or $1k above invoice? That's why I don't get how I can go 7k below like that other dude unless his wasn't the OTR price. Sorry if I did the math wrong or used the wrong numbers, I glanced it over but I need to head out now! edit: when you guys say invoice, are you also including fees and taxes? that might be why my math isn't adding up! If so then yes I think you paid ~3k below invoice!

Also appreciate all the help! I really hope to purchase the XLT by next week!
OTR means out the door, after tax.
Aug 22, 2016
65 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
total noob on renting car... quick question... I want to rent a new 2018 ford focus when it comes out.. but for now I really need a car. Can I just rent the 2017 focus for now, then switch to the 2018. Is that possible? Didn't want to ask the seller that question.. i would have sounded stupid. My old ford edge has some kind of problem doing 20L/100km :O more then a f150
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3163 posts
1188 upvotes
What a scam ford got on the go. I got an Acadia for same price as an edge. Acadia was like $5000 more and payments were the same
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1452 posts
261 upvotes
Ontario
jbredflag wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:37 pm
when does the 0% financing promotion begin?
After employee pricing is over, so most likely October.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
345 upvotes
Answers wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:47 pm
What a scam ford got on the go. I got an Acadia for same price as an edge. Acadia was like $5000 more and payments were the same
Can you list the numbers for both cars?