Hot Deals

Ford Employee Pricing on 2018/2019 Models (until October 1, 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2018 7:37 am
Sep 11, 2011
295 posts
90 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 9:26 am
Slight improvement, but you will still have issues in the long rung with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine.
I didn't buy the Ecoboost. I bought the 2.5 V6.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22229 posts
8861 upvotes
Ottawa
bellagirl wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 9:22 am
I didn't buy the Ecoboost. I bought the 2.5 V6.
Good move :)
The NA v6 actually provides a better driving experience than the 4 banger turbo.
Sep 11, 2011
295 posts
90 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 10:07 am
They haven't fixed these for 2018 yet? I didn't even know they had issues with the newest gen. Is it for all CRV's 1.8 and the higher models?

What are some of the others in the market in same category to consider? Rogue/SantaFe?
Both the 17 and 18 have the oil dultion/heat problem and more than likely the 19 will have the same problem. Honda Canada is ignoring the problem and they are fighting Transport canada over the recall. Honda customer service is pathetic as they are now telling customers the vehicle is working as designed and they are now rude on the phone. They now twist it to make it like it's the owners fault that there is all these huge problems with the vehicle.
Jan 4, 2007
42 posts
7 upvotes
reddog74 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 4:55 am
Is there much wiggle room during the employee pricing?

Looking at the F150 and like the price listed but not the interest rate.

Will unhaggle premium get me a much better price during the employee pricing event?
Unhaggle is paid by the dealers as a lead generator. You don’t get any real deal from them.
Sep 11, 2011
295 posts
90 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 9:26 am
Good move :)
The NA v6 actually provides a better driving experience than the 4 banger turbo.
Thanks! I will never, ever buy a turbo boost engine again. Along with never buying a Honda again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5743 posts
364 upvotes
TO
bellagirl wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 9:33 am
Both the 17 and 18 have the oil dultion/heat problem and more than likely the 19 will have the same problem. Honda Canada is ignoring the problem and they are fighting Transport canada over the recall. Honda customer service is pathetic as they are now telling customers the vehicle is working as designed and they are now rude on the phone. They now twist it to make it like it's the owners fault that there is all these huge problems with the vehicle.
Wow that's shady tactics they'e employing now. Only reason I asked is because I know two family members who recently bought a 2018 CRV (i think touring) and they haven't said anything about this issue (granted it's a newer car they don't know or probably didn't know).
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

Smash that UPVOTE button and you'll feel better! Guaranteed or your thumbs back. 😂
Sep 11, 2011
295 posts
90 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 11:17 am
Wow that's shady tactics they'e employing now. Only reason I asked is because I know two family members who recently bought a 2018 CRV (i think touring) and they haven't said anything about this issue (granted it's a newer car they don't know or probably didn't know).
Tell your family members to keep an eye on the oil level. If the level goes over the line and also smells like gas (I had to do an oil change every 2 weeks) take it back to the dealership for an oil change. There is no charge for this and if the dealership says they've never heard of the V having an oil dultion problem tell them they're full of crap. Also, call Honda Canada to get a file started along with receiving a claim #. The newest issue is the shift gear knob is now coming apart.
Sep 10, 2016
161 posts
24 upvotes
Seems Honda has reached the Audi/BMW category as these drivers mostly have an oil top-up bottle in the car.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22229 posts
8861 upvotes
Ottawa
TorontoEh wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 11:17 am
I just bought my brother an 18' Civic Hatchback Touring Disappointed But Relieved Face
To mitigate the problem, tell your family members to avoid short trips, especially during the morning when it is cooler outside and definitely no short trips during the winter.
Oct 24, 2017
135 posts
279 upvotes
Username77 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 9:36 am
Unhaggle is paid by the dealers as a lead generator. You don’t get any real deal from them.
Since when?
Nov 8, 2003
27 posts
3 upvotes
Hi All , i i wanted to get your opinion on this configuration and price. This is for a 2018 Ford F-150 LARIAT SuperCab, 6-1/2' Box, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost Engine . I am new to pickup trucks and Ford and i would appreciate your feedback and opinions on this. Thanks!

$57,549 Base MSRP
$9,020 Total of Options
$1,900 Total Fees
-$7,977Ford Employee Pricing Adjustment
$2,750 Taxes
-$5,500Delivery Allowance
Total: $57,742

As per unhaggle it says:

DEALER COST : $55,123
AVG. JOE PRICE: $58,563
MSRP: $61,619
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1501 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
kanewtz wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:53 pm
Just priced out a 2018 Raptor...apparently they are not included in Employee Pricing....that sucks :(

Would love to trade my 2016 Sierra for a 2018 Raptor
You can do what a lot of people do...
But a Ford XLT Crew cab, get ford to upgrade it to a leather package after market ~ $1000, then buy the raptor body kit for about $2k and your Ford XLT will be a budget raptor.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5743 posts
364 upvotes
TO
bellagirl wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 12:13 pm
Tell your family members to keep an eye on the oil level. If the level goes over the line and also smells like gas (I had to do an oil change every 2 weeks) take it back to the dealership for an oil change. There is no charge for this and if the dealership says they've never heard of the V having an oil dultion problem tell them they're full of crap. Also, call Honda Canada to get a file started along with receiving a claim #. The newest issue is the shift gear knob is now coming apart.
thank you bellagirl and vkizzle, you both saved me a headache as this was on my list of potentials SUV's/crossovers. I don't really come to ford threads but was reading just for info as I sat in a Jeep and Edge recently and kind of enjoyed the ride in both cars.

Have you guys looked at the other competitors of CRV and recommend any? My 2nd preference was Rogue or SantFe.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

Smash that UPVOTE button and you'll feel better! Guaranteed or your thumbs back. 😂
Sep 11, 2011
295 posts
90 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:44 pm
thank you bellagirl and vkizzle, you both saved me a headache as this was on my list of potentials SUV's/crossovers. I don't really come to ford threads but was reading just for info as I sat in a Jeep and Edge recently and kind of enjoyed the ride in both cars.

Have you guys looked at the other competitors of CRV and recommend any? My 2nd preference was Rogue or SantFe.
I traded my Touring for a 3.5 V6 Edge SEL AWD.
I test drove a GMC Terrain - horrible, horrible vehicle (personal opinion) and the stop/start was awful. Also test drove a Buick Envision - not worth $50, 000 for something that is made in China.
I had a Ford Escape for a week as a rental and it was the base model. It was small inside and was a gas guzzler, but it did give out a lot of heat when it was -45. I know a few people who own an Escape (higher model) and love it.
My sister owns a Rouge and loves it. She says it's great on gas. Yet, I know people who will never buy a Nissan again as Nissan Canada treats their customers like crap.