• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2012 11:47 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 5, 2003
358 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm, that is a red flag. How is the Cruze in terms of reliability?

Fiesta had a difficult first year? Can you elaborate? Thanks.
mr_raider wrote: Unknown. The Sonic is first year production, but the engine is shared with the Cruze. The Fiesta is in year 2, and had a very difficult first year.
Here's my HEAT.
Aug 5, 2003
358 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the input! How does the car drive now compared to when you bought the car? Does it still feel solid and smooth?

Yeah, my friend got a quote for insurance, and it's $100 more for the Fiesta compared to the Accent, per year.

Coincidentally, another friend of mine has her Rogue lease expiring in April, and my friend who is looking for a car was considering buying that. How would you compare them? She's shying away from the Rogue because it's bigger than she needs and burns more gas.
sunshineshara wrote: We have a 2011 Ford Fiesta HB SE MT for 16 months now, and love it. We were debating between the Mazda 2 and Fiesta and went with Fiesta because of (a) incentives - we got free SYNC (which is pretty awesome BTW) and (b) it was a Top Safety Pick from the North American Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (first car in its segment to do so under their new test standards). One incentive we lost out on, though, was extra $1000 off from Costco (Fiesta was excluded at the time we bought) :( We did not consider Accent or Rio, as we've never bought from a Korean manufacturer before, but have owned Ford. Also, we had previously owned a Nissan Versa HB (loved it, too - very spacious), but our 'primary' car is now a Rogue and we decided not to put all our vehicles in one manufacturer's basket, so to speak!

The Fiesta's fuel efficiency is great - it's our second car and used mainly for commuting to work (about 15km one way). We easily get 500 kms off the tank, so only fill up every 2.5 weeks or so. We have had no issues with it, service/ maintenance costs are reasonable so far (we got a booklet of free oil changes through our dealer @ Yonge-Steeles Ford), but I guess we cannot really comment since it's a weekday car and we do very little mileage - we've done less than 10 000km in 16 months, so only one 'major' service so far.

One downside (for us) is it's pretty expensive to insure (since it's a newer model) , so perhaps that is another factor you should consider in your decision. We are currently paying more insurance for our Fiesta than for our 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD.
Here's my HEAT.
Aug 5, 2003
358 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the input! The Accent and Rio are slightly better, but the Fiesta is really close. She has test driven the Rio and the Fiesta, and she likes them both.

And you're right, Ford has come a long way in terms of reliability.
shingor6 wrote: Out of the 3 choices :

I would go with the hyundai accent or Rio, better fuel economy than the fiesta, probably because of the direct injection.

I would test drive both an pick the better deal, prefered car.

All 3 of them are great reliable cheap car.

Ford is decent for an american manufacturer, don't think because it's an american car it will break down every months, the 80's and 90's are long gone.
Here's my HEAT.