The Ford Focus Electric Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2024 5:40 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone use Forscan to connect and view/change settings?

If so, what did you do?

Anyone recently get pricing on upgrading the modem to 4G? Last time I got quoted like $800
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
6236 posts
4776 upvotes
Ontario
Tijuana wrote: Anyone use Forscan to connect and view/change settings?

If so, what did you do?

Anyone recently get pricing on upgrading the modem to 4G? Last time I got quoted like $800
Not an expert but I heard its important to clean your Forscan before connecting!
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
How do the Go Times work? Can you use that if the car isn't plugged in, ie have to pre-warm the cabin when you're done work and going home?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
Tijuana wrote: How do the Go Times work? Can you use that if the car isn't plugged in, ie have to pre-warm the cabin when you're done work and going home?
Has to be plugged in for Go Time to take effect.
I used to remote start the car from the app about 15 minutes before leaving work; that would get the cabin warmed up.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
What's the easiest way to view battery statistics? Forscan? Is that just a specific app using a regular Bluetooth obdii reader?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
Tijuana wrote: What's the easiest way to view battery statistics? Forscan? Is that just a specific app using a regular Bluetooth obdii reader?
Yes, I used forscan when I had the FFE.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
neptune wrote: Yes, I used forscan when I had the FFE.
Did you use Android/IOS or Windows?

The mobile version has less features so just wondering before I hook it up.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
Tijuana wrote: Did you use Android/IOS or Windows?

The mobile version has less features so just wondering before I hook it up.
I used an old windows laptop with a USB-connected scanner. I don't remember the screen(s) in forscan that showed battery life though.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
seafish wrote: It shows estimation on how many kwh left
I recall there being something in forscan that showed battery soc... so I charged the car to 100% and then checked that value in forscan. If it showed 95 then I knew there was 5% battery degradation. My FFE lost average of 1% per year over the 4.5 yrs that I had it.
Feb 14, 2008
386 posts
19 upvotes
I am actually looking to offload my 2017 focus electric in reasonable price. Let me know if anyone is interested. Just moving to west coast and figure it's easier this way can be finance transferred as well if anyone is interested in that.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
yen800 wrote: I am actually looking to offload my 2017 focus electric in reasonable price. Let me know if anyone is interested. Just moving to west coast and figure it's easier this way can be finance transferred as well if anyone is interested in that.
With the pathetic range on that car, it’s not like you could drive it out west anyway lol.
I suppose you could use another vehicle to dolly it here, but then in the winter you’d be charging it every day just to go to work lol.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2017
1275 posts
888 upvotes
ON
neptune wrote: I recall there being something in forscan that showed battery soc... so I charged the car to 100% and then checked that value in forscan. If it showed 95 then I knew there was 5% battery degradation. My FFE lost average of 1% per year over the 4.5 yrs that I had it.
1%/year sounds about right from what I can see in Forscan aswell, which is great in terms of battery degradation. And I charge my car pretty much every day to 100%. Not sure why Tesla and other cars suggest owners to only charge to 80%, if the FFE can be charged 100% and doesn't cause battery degrading faster, you would think Tesla cars should be able to do it too.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
2225 posts
765 upvotes
Halton
Elec2016 wrote: 1%/year sounds about right from what I can see in Forscan aswell, which is great in terms of battery degradation. And I charge my car pretty much every day to 100%. Not sure why Tesla and other cars suggest owners to only charge to 80%, if the FFE can be charged 100% and doesn't cause battery degrading faster, you would think Tesla cars should be able to do it too.
Same, I used to charge the FFE to 100% daily and drove it hard.
According to ABRP, my 2016 Tesla's battery degradation is nearing 6%, with 103k km. I charge it to 80% daily, not sure what the previous owner did.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1098 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
Got the infamous Stop Safely Now message today when exiting the highway. Car lost power gradually. A couple of restarts eventually made the message go away and the car worked fine for the short drive home.

Can I use torque to read the code or do I need forscan? Will probably take it in tomorrow anyways.

Edit: TCM it seems

Code: P1A0A - Immediate Shutdown Signal A

Additional Fault Symptom:
General Electrical Failure

Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC
Module: Transmission Control Module
Freeze Frame #1:

-EVENT_TIME: 200332549s (Thu Feb 8 15:29:33 2024) - Event time
-TOTAL_DISTANCE: 76606 km - Total
Distance
-MODULE_VOLTAGE: 14.5 V - Control