• Dec 9th, 2020 10:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2280 posts
20 upvotes

Ford/iard

Did anyone else get accepted? If so, have you heard back from hiring departments?
1511 replies
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
Hi, I got accepted but I haven't heard from the hiring department. I was told I am available from June onwards so that could be the reason. Also I was told that they start in May.
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
they have a day when the depts are allowed to call you.
make sure TBS has the correct phone number/email address for you...

if you're rated high enough on the list, you'll be called in the first few days.

if you're rated lower, it can take upto 3 months.

the pool is valid for a year, so the dept can grab you anytime within 12 months..

so dont hold your breath too long!

Guju - working with 2 other FORD's who got to move back to Toronto..
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
Hi, can you tell us how difficult the subsequent interviews are and if there are any positions in Toronto,or how to move back to Toronto. Also how important is the GPA one needs to maintain.
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
therock12345 wrote: Hi, can you tell us how difficult the subsequent interviews are and if there are any positions in Toronto,or how to move back to Toronto. Also how important is the GPA one needs to maintain.
round 2 interviews (back in the days) was based on personality. you're not goin for a Big 4 job, where you're going to be worked HARD.
This is an ENTRY LEVEL government job, where youre the kid in the group. (sorry for not sugar coating the reality)

Jobs in Toronto? - if you go to Ottawa to work, plan to stay there for 4 years. then considering coming back. There is ZERO job growth in Toronto. Whereas the possibility to climb the ranks in Ottawa are easier.

GPA - no clue. I graduated 4 years before i applied to the FORD program.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2280 posts
20 upvotes
I forgot to ask...

Has anyone heard of a candidate in the program that did not receive a job offer?
Banned
Jan 20, 2009
518 posts
8 upvotes
I received an offer but declined. GPA and good co-op experience open many doors.
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
I don't mind staying in Ottawa for a while. Also, being the kid in the group is not a bad thing especially if you have less responsibility. The more responsibility the more chances one will screw up specially new grads who have less clue what to do.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
hii..

ok listen... i got selected for interivew.. but its been more than 6 weeks i got no reply.. do they contact by email or phone? hows the second interview like?.. if u get a called for second interview.. are u guranteed a position or results of second interview matter? kindly reply!!
Sep 29, 2008
30 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
So you had the first screening interview, but you haven't had a response yet?

I had the first screening interview in the middle of March.
Received an email in the first week of April notifying me of my interview result. I think it came in my junk folder (don't remember) so you can check yours out.

If not found you can always email them and check I guess.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
no..im selected.. interview was successful..
but now.. like what NOW?..its been 6 weeks..like when will they contact.. whether theyll contact by email or phone.. and what is the importance of the second interview?wahts the second interview like?..etc
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
darknight_87 wrote: no..im selected.. interview was successful..
but now.. like what NOW?..its been 6 weeks..like when will they contact.. whether theyll contact by email or phone.. and what is the importance of the second interview?wahts the second interview like?..etc
you've been ranked by Treasury Board. (first interview)
if you're highly ranked, someone will call you quickly. (1-2 weeks)
if you're mid-ranked, you're in the 2nd round (2-3 months)
3rd round - good luck!

Azxster wrote: I forgot to ask...

Has anyone heard of a candidate in the program that did not receive a job offer?
They place about 500 people in the Pool (so that they can represent diversity of region, race, education, etc), but i'm guessing they're hiring 100-150 people. So keep that in mind. its still a competitive process..

Where else do you start with:
~$45,000+
Full Benefits
Full Pension
Moving allowance
CMA/CGA fees/dues
Zero chance of getting fired??

I've met people who quit their jobs at Big 4 firms, to take a FORD/IARD placement with the government.
In 3 years, they're responsible for 10x more than they would ever do at a big 4 firm.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
I see.. valuable info.
So hows the second interview like?.. what do they ask and stuff?..
Do they conduct reference check from your previous employers?
If you are not contacted for 3 months, is it ok for us to contact them ?..
How much preference is given to individuals with experience?..
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
I was asked when I am available from. So I guess they will start consideration from after that date. Also they said they have two main times for 2nd interviews. In April and September.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
you were told this during the interview?..
and did you get a call from anyone so far?..
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
darknight_87 wrote: you were told this during the interview?..
and did you get a call from anyone so far?..
i am assuming you are referring to my post. I was asked this during the interview and I replied I will be available from June. So I assume hopefully they will call me sometime around then - or else why would they ask and make a note of it.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
ahan i see. so you told them u r avalaible after june..and that didn't effect the interview result.. i was told that you've to say you're avalaible immediately..or else.. they may consider as someone who isn't serious or not interest whole heartedly.
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
darknight_87 wrote: ahan i see. so you told them u r avalaible after june..and that didn't effect the interview result.. i was told that you've to say you're avalaible immediately..or else.. they may consider as someone who isn't serious or not interest whole heartedly.
They asked me when I am available from because obviously they interviewed me in february when I was still in school (final year). So I have to finish my exams before I can join. I told them my exams will be finishing in june.
Apr 15, 2009
25 posts
Toronto
so has anyone gotten any replies yet? i still haven't been contacted yet for "second round" interviews assuming i'm mid ranked.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)