Ford/iard

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 10:56 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
nope..i was just told that i have been successful in prequalifying for entry level positions.. but after that.. no response whatsoever.. just blank.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2280 posts
20 upvotes
Same... last communication I received was an e-mail that congratulated me on being accepted.
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
I have a question for those who are graduating from university. Do you need to maintain a B+ average or B average?

Second I heard they will really start to call people in May. It is May now so we should be receiving calls. That is unless the government is not hiring.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
where did you hear this from.. that they will start calling in May?
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
darknight_87 wrote: where did you hear this from.. that they will start calling in May?
i was told during the interview that they hire mainly in may and september
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
ahan I see, well just wait..and lets see what luck has to give us.
are you enrolled in CGA ?
Mar 11, 2009
11 posts
4 upvotes
No I am not enrolled in any program yet. I am just waiting to graduate.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
did they ask you whether you're interest in becming a financial officer or internal auditor.. or i guess since you are not enrolled, they automatically asusme you'd be interest in financial officer position?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2005
2280 posts
20 upvotes
Update: I just received an invitation for an interview
Apr 15, 2009
25 posts
Toronto
i JUST got contacted today as well for an interview for next week.
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
Nice, did they contact by email or phone? And is the interview in Toronto Or Ottawa?
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
@JaneAusten

Hey, best of luck man! Hope you get the job for sure!
Kindly, after the second interview, do share your thoughts..as to what kind of questions were you asked, what are their expectations, and how soon can the training start?.etc.

Thanks and once again, best of luck! If you ask me, you got the job already bro.
Apr 15, 2009
25 posts
Toronto
darknight_87 wrote: @JaneAusten

Hey, best of luck man! Hope you get the job for sure!
Kindly, after the second interview, do share your thoughts..as to what kind of questions were you asked, what are their expectations, and how soon can the training start?.etc.

Thanks and once again, best of luck! If you ask me, you got the job already bro.
Thanks a lot, i'll need the luck and ill be sure to share my thoughts with you!
by the way when you say "best of luck MAN"...... i'm actually a female hahaha.
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
2nd interview is mainly a formality.
be yourself (if its an ottawa job)

Government likes to see people who are steady employees. ones who will do what they're told, and will not rock the boat.

if you go in, thinking that the job you're applying for is a consulting level position, this is not the right mind frame.

If its an ottawa job - hold back on offers (if you do multiple interivews), and take the job that offers the best package - move, CMA/CGA fees, training program in Ottawa, how many rotations will you be doing in the 1 or 2 year time period.

Guju - did a 2 year ford program in ottawa, had multiple offers for FORD jobs. had to pick the best one...
Apr 19, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
@janeausten
lol sorry shouldve figured that out from your name

@guju
hmm, how do you hold back? i mean, they are going to be asking u whether ur interested..i mean, if thye are not offering u all those things u mentioned above.. how do "move on"?.. i mean, its an offer u r getting .. how good or bad it might be.. its a government job.its tough to move on hoping for something better lol dont u think?

and i thought all these jobs were ottawa based jobs?
thats what i was told in the interview..that '99%' jobs are ottawa based.
Sep 6, 2006
17 posts
Hey just a question for all the candidates that have been screened through, how many of you currently have a job elsewhere? Or are we all still waiting on FORD/IARD to contact us? I've been turning down some contract positions, just because I don't want to risk not being able to go with the FORD/IARD program should an opportunity arise.
Apr 28, 2009
4 posts
I have a question for you guys: how many question did you have to answer during the first interview and how long did it last?????????

Thanks a lot!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)