• Nov 20th, 2017 11:21 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Darkhorse259 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 12:09 pm
You aren't alone, I haven't heard a single thing since the pool was made! I've talked to some people and they all haven't heard a thing. It looks like the bilingual are going first!
Has everyone you've spoken to been English only? I mean to be fair we're still "way ahead" of when the hiring was done last year, and while they claimed it would be faster this year it's possible it will just go with a regular time line.
Oct 21, 2016
109 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawanian wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 4:19 pm
Has everyone you've spoken to been English only? I mean to be fair we're still "way ahead" of when the hiring was done last year, and while they claimed it would be faster this year it's possible it will just go with a regular time line.
Yup English only. It looks as though there has been movement in the FORD but I am unsure if these RDF are bilingual.
Dec 19, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
Unilingual here. Got the job offer. Starting in April.
Sep 21, 2016
48 posts
4 upvotes
Do you know what are the benefits and how long is your probation period?
Last edited by jgravity on Mar 1st, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 21, 2016
109 posts
23 upvotes
helgaM wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 7:26 am
Congrats! Hopefully there is more movement in the inventory as I am completely drawing dead, this goes for the AU-01 at CRA too.
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
helgaM wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 7:26 am
When did you get contacted for the second interview? And is it with the people you interviewed with or a different branch?
Dec 19, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
Check the venefits info on the department site.
As for the probabtion, it is 1 year for me.
Dec 19, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
There was only one interview for me and I got the offer with the same department that interviewed me.
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
helgaM wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:44 pm
@Darkhorse259 this is what i mean, it seems the other departments arent on the same time schedule
Sep 21, 2016
48 posts
4 upvotes
helgaM wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:44 pm
Congratulations! And its odd, because my contract says my probation is the duration of the program.
Last edited by jgravity on Mar 1st, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 19, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
jgravity wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:51 pm
Congratulations! And its odd, because my contract says my probation is the duration of the program so 3 years :/
My contract is for two years I assume because I am with the Quebec Order which requires 2 years of experience.

By the way, does your contract mentions at all FORD, cause mine is not?
Sep 21, 2016
48 posts
4 upvotes
helgaM wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:56 pm
My contract is for two years I assume because I am with the Quebec Order which requires 2 years of experience.

By the way, does your contract mentions at all FORD, cause mine is not?
Oh I see, Im from ON. My contract states full-time indeterminate and yeah, it mentions FORD and my title/payscale.
Dec 2, 2009
539 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
jgravity wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 9:57 am
Do you know what are the benefits and how long is your probation period?
if you're hired at a federal department (not an agency), then benefits start after 6 months of continuous employment.

probation is 1 year with a federal department.

agencies are advised to follow these timelines, but do not have to.
Sep 21, 2016
48 posts
4 upvotes
darylscool wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 9:38 am
if you're hired at a federal department (not an agency), then benefits start after 6 months of continuous employment.

probation is 1 year with a federal department.

agencies are advised to follow these timelines, but do not have to.
Thanks for the information! I'm hired at a federal department, but my probation is the length of my development program, which is way longer than the 1 year you have mentioned. Do you know if this is allowed/reasonable?

Also, where can I find more information about the benefits and vacation? I can't seem to find any information from my department of hire.
Dec 2, 2009
539 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
jgravity wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 11:55 am
Thanks for the information! I'm hired at a federal department, but my probation is the length of my development program, which is way longer than the 1 year you have mentioned. Do you know if this is allowed/reasonable?

Also, where can I find more information about the benefits and vacation? I can't seem to find any information from my department of hire.
hmmm. I'm not sure why it's worded that way, but as a ford you have the option to rotate to a different department after your first term, so maybe it's worded that way assuming that you don't stay with your department for the full 2 years? I would definitely check with your HR for clarity. Sometimes it's just a simple mistake on the part of whoever wrote your letter of offer. It's happened once for me where they paid me at a higher step because they copied the rate of pay incorrectly.

for benefits, I'm assuming you're talking about healthcare (sunlife) and dental (greatwestlife)?: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board ... rvice.html

for vacation you can look here, but keep in mind that a new collective bargaining agreement has been reached and therefore this is outdated, but as of right now, it's the latest collective bargaining agreement that we have: http://www.acfo-acaf.com/wp-content/upl ... eement.pdf This also means that the pay rates are out of date, and we'll be receiving back pay or retro pay when the new CBA is signed by TB. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)