• Nov 20th, 2017 11:21 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 12, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
scerica wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 5:02 pm
I applied as English essential as well. My French level is basic beginner, definitely not worth testing. I didn't contact them yet bc I have my interview tomorrow. Please let me know if you hear back!
Yes - i'm the same as you! not worth testing my level at all. I will let you know as soon as I get an email! Good luck tomorrow!
Oct 21, 2016
109 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawanian wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 6:33 am
Has anyone who interviewed (post pool) for FORD received any insight as to how far along hiring is?

Based on this forum I would assume it's barely properly started but I suppose it's unknown how many people in the pool are even on here...
I'm not sure about the timeline as my department didn't talk about that you would have to inquire with treasury of canada, however when I asked them in Feb they did say hiring explodes 3 months after the inventory is created. I am not sure if they take into consideration that hiring is occurring quicker than normal (apparently a lot of FORD are retiring/leaving so our chances are pretty good) but it would make sense if some are following the old timeline. Just crossing my fingers at this point and hoping for the best, though I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Darkhorse259 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 7:00 pm
I'm not sure about the timeline as my department didn't talk about that you would have to inquire with treasury of canada, however when I asked them in Feb they did say hiring explodes 3 months after the inventory is created. I am not sure if they take into consideration that hiring is occurring quicker than normal (apparently a lot of FORD are retiring/leaving so our chances are pretty good) but it would make sense if some are following the old timeline. Just crossing my fingers at this point and hoping for the best, though I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
Yeah definitely not banking on it and keeping options open. But yes what you've said is the vibe I'm getting it's almost like a lot of departments are still following the old method. I have yet to hear of anyone contacted by the DND and they're meant to have the most openings from what I heard.

Did your place give you any idea of a timeline for hearing back after the second interview you had?
Jan 12, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
[quote=Ottawanian post_id=27630585 time=1490870180 user_id=1372892]
Yeah definitely not banking on it and keeping options open. But yes what you've said is the vibe I'm getting it's almost like a lot of departments are still following the old method. I have yet to hear of anyone contacted by the DND and they're meant to have the most openings from what I heard.

Did your place give you any idea of a timeline for hearing back after the second interview you had?
[/quote]

I was told that the FORD hiring for DND was high last year because they were doing catch up and that the it would be less for them this year... I think that when a new department decides to start using the FORD program they hire more that year.
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
lazer494 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 1:28 pm
I was told that the FORD hiring for DND was high last year because they were doing catch up and that the it would be less for them this year... I think that when a new department decides to start using the FORD program they hire more that year.
Everything I've heard is heresay but I've heard from multiple dnd employees I know they're expecting a large hire again this year. I could also be getting completely incorrect information but it sounds reasonably possible.

That being said I'm really not too bothered about Location more so that places are hiring and having a good chance at that second interview.
Apr 3, 2017
3 posts
Can anyone confirm that the FORD program will meet all of the practical experience requirements for the CPA designation?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
waesrdtfyg wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 9:00 pm
Can anyone confirm that the FORD program will meet all of the practical experience requirements for the CPA designation?
My understanding is yes you will get your CPA.

Has ANYONE heard any updates? Apparently the program is in full motion, i was told I've been referred to multiple departments but still nothing, no call no email....@Darkhorse259 were you contacted by email or phone for your follow up?
Mar 21, 2017
2 posts
Just wondering - did you contact the FORD people directly to ask if you had been referred?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Don't want to "give away" too much online but i inquired as the the status of the hiring pool/interviewing process...Then i was just given the information. I find it quite odd I would be referred to as many departments without a call but i suppose it depends if they give many or few.

I assume you have not heard anything @tosearcher
Jan 15, 2010
36 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton
I just received an e-mail from IARD and have been entered into the pool! I'm not bilingual so not sure what my chances are of receiving an offer but I'll post here if I hear anything. I hope many of you receive positive results today too :)
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 2:25 pm
I just received an e-mail from IARD and have been entered into the pool! I'm not bilingual so not sure what my chances are of receiving an offer but I'll post here if I hear anything. I hope many of you receive positive results today too :)
Did you also apply for FORD? I don't know why but i totally thought IARD pool was already done...
Jan 15, 2010
36 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 3:28 pm
Did you also apply for FORD? I don't know why but i totally thought IARD pool was already done...
I didn't get an interview with FORD. IARD was still doing interviews less than two weeks ago so not done yet I think.

Did anyone else hear back from IARD?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 5:11 pm
I didn't get an interview with FORD. IARD was still doing interviews less than two weeks ago so not done yet I think.

Did anyone else hear back from IARD?
Did you apply and just not get one?

It sounds like the budget being set and things getting going that you should start to see some movement (maybe in this forum if people are still active) I'm not sure if IARD is as heavily active here as there may be another thread but a bit more quiet now.
Jan 15, 2010
36 posts
6 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 8:19 am
Did you apply and just not get one?

It sounds like the budget being set and things getting going that you should start to see some movement (maybe in this forum if people are still active) I'm not sure if IARD is as heavily active here as there may be another thread but a bit more quiet now.
Haha I just double checked and I didn't apply for FORD. Not sure why, maybe I didn't meet the requirements or I just overlooked it.

I don't know of another IARD thread but if anyone knows of one with more information please post it here! I hope to hear from others, especially those who aren't bilingual.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)