• Apr 23rd, 2017 1:26 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 9:07 am
Haha I just double checked and I didn't apply for FORD. Not sure why, maybe I didn't meet the requirements or I just overlooked it.

I don't know of another IARD thread but if anyone knows of one with more information please post it here! I hope to hear from others, especially those who aren't bilingual.
Did you have to write a test for the IARD? if so i might be able to find a thread i had seen could be related
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 9:16 am
Did you have to write a test for the IARD? if so i might be able to find a thread i had seen could be related
Yes, I had to write the PSEE for IARD. The only other thread I've found that references IARD is the long thread "Has anyone taken those situational tests?" Please let me know if it's not this one. Cheers!
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 9:33 am
@scerica seems I'm no help as that is the one, sorry about that!
Haha I appreciate the thought. I'm sure there are a few people posting here who don't know about it though :)
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 9:46 am
Haha I appreciate the thought. I'm sure there are a few people posting here who don't know about it though :)
Hahah i think we're all anxious to know and at least have closure, for me that's the big thing knowing where it actually stands.
Dec 3, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
@Darkhorse259 congrats!

I also got a conditional offer Smiling Face With Open Mouth. I think a few of us are coming from Toronto (including me) — we should make a Facebook group or something.
Apr 3, 2017
2 posts
kcvoooooo wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 11:57 pm
@Darkhorse259 congrats!

I also got a conditional offer Smiling Face With Open Mouth. I think a few of us are coming from Toronto (including me) — we should make a Facebook group or something.
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your offer is conditional on?
Sep 21, 2016
41 posts
2 upvotes
kcvoooooo wrote:
@Darkhorse259 congrats!

Congrats guys! I'll be coming from Toronto as well :) +1 on the facebook group idea
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
kcvoooooo wrote:
@Darkhorse259 congrats!

Curious to know when about you heard. Both for your second interview as well as your offer after the second interview. I assume everyone mentioned so far is relocating to the NCR and unilingual?
Dec 3, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
waesrdtfyg wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 12:20 am
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your offer is conditional on?
Thanks! It's conditional on the completion of my undergrad and security clearance.

Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 6:26 am
Curious to know when about you heard. Both for your second interview as well as your offer after the second interview. I assume everyone mentioned so far is relocating to the NCR and unilingual?
My offer is actually directly from the department that conducted my first interview — I was contacted by phone months ago although I just recently got the conditional offer in paper. I did get an invitation from another department for a second interview (by email) a few weeks back if that's helpful. Also unilingual and from GTA.
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
@kcvoooooo Awesome well congrats! For your application was it pretty vanilla or did you have a lot of assets?

Not that I'm saying I "deserve a call" more than other people but i have tons of work experience, gov related. As well as a huge list of extra cirric. and good grades. I mean for all i know they have something specific in mind or i didn't stand out to individual managers just curious.
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Does anyone here have an undergraduate degree that is unrelated to business or finance? I have an unrelated undergraduate degree but am enrolled in an accounting continuing education program. If I were to get an offer, I'm curious if it would be conditional on the completion of the additional diploma or not. They didn't ask me about the diploma program at all during the interview and I only the sent the transcript for my BA (which they said they'd received.) Any thoughts or advice?
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 11:34 am
Does anyone here have an undergraduate degree that is unrelated to business or finance? I have an unrelated undergraduate degree but am enrolled in an accounting continuing education program. If I were to get an offer, I'm curious if it would be conditional on the completion of the additional diploma or not. They didn't ask me about the diploma program at all during the interview and I only the sent the transcript for my BA (which they said they'd received.) Any thoughts or advice?
For the IARD I don't know requirements but they should be well defined!
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 12:54 pm
For the IARD I don't know requirements but they should be well defined!
It's a strange situation. I hadn't considered it before but just went back and re-read the initial job posting yesterday after I was entered into the inventory. I was surprised because the education requirement was "an undergraduate degree in business, accounting, etc. or another area related to the position." Have I somehow slipped through the cracks?

Haha it's so weird because I mentioned my degree a bunch of times in the written assessment and in my application answers. I only sent transcripts for the unrelated undergraduate degree too and they had them in hand during the interview. Perhaps they're flexible and deemed philosophy relevant to the position... Either that or any offer I receive will be conditional on my completion of the accounting diploma program. I e-mailed them to ask but haven't heard back yet :/
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
I'd just go with the flow until you're told otherwise...If you bring it up if anything you're likely just blocking off options
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel