Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Ottawanian wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 1:53 pm
I'd just go with the flow until you're told otherwise...If you bring it up if anything you're likely just blocking off options
I e-mailed them already. The only thing worse than being disqualified now is months later getting a second interview and then a conditional offer when it's too late for me to finish the diploma on time or desperately trying to finish my diploma now and then finding out they made an error (and I wasted a bunch of time and money).

Haha I can't figure it out. Wouldn't I have been screened out if I didn't meet the requirements? Or if it was conditional on this diploma, wouldn't they have asked about it?
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Update in case anyone else has this question in the future. My undergrad degree prequalified me so the second diploma doesn't need to be completed.

I'll post here if I get any second interviews with IARD.
Mar 12, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 2:25 pm
I just received an e-mail from IARD and have been entered into the pool! I'm not bilingual so not sure what my chances are of receiving an offer but I'll post here if I hear anything. I hope many of you receive positive results today too :)
I also got into the pool! Found out last tuesday! I sent them an email asking if we would know when the pool list is sent out to departments. Congrats!!
Mar 12, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 1:05 pm
It's a strange situation. I hadn't considered it before but just went back and re-read the initial job posting yesterday after I was entered into the inventory. I was surprised because the education requirement was "an undergraduate degree in business, accounting, etc. or another area related to the position." Have I somehow slipped through the cracks?

Haha it's so weird because I mentioned my degree a bunch of times in the written assessment and in my application answers. I only sent transcripts for the unrelated undergraduate degree too and they had them in hand during the interview. Perhaps they're flexible and deemed philosophy relevant to the position... Either that or any offer I receive will be conditional on my completion of the accounting diploma program. I e-mailed them to ask but haven't heard back yet :/
My undergraduate degree was international studies (very general) and my master's is in public policy, so I think they are more open than it seems in their description! :)
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
awagliner wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:47 am
I also got into the pool! Found out last tuesday! I sent them an email asking if we would know when the pool list is sent out to departments. Congrats!!

Congratulations! I wondered how you made out. Please let me know if you hear anything and I'll keep you updated as well. It seems like our situations are similar as we're both English essential and have non-business/finance degrees. I wish I asked more questions regarding the pool and second stage interviews now :/ One of the interviewers did tell me that they're currently understaffed so that sounds promising.

Are you currently based in Ottawa?
Apr 18, 2017
1 posts
scerica wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 7:07 pm
Congratulations! I wondered how you made out. Please let me know if you hear anything and I'll keep you updated as well. It seems like our situations are similar as we're both English essential and have non-business/finance degrees. I wish I asked more questions regarding the pool and second stage interviews now :/ One of the interviewers did tell me that they're currently understaffed so that sounds promising.

Hey, I got into the pool as well. I'm based in Toronto, but I'm an accounting major.

I asked some questions. They're doing most of their hiring from May-July, and afterwards chances are slim that you'll hear anything back. They said that every position available is in Ottawa as well.

Can you elaborate on the understaffed part? Was it we're understaffed on internal auditors in general, or this specific department is understaffed.
Jan 15, 2010
34 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
mkmcra2 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:50 pm
Hey, I got into the pool as well. I'm based in Toronto, but I'm an accounting major.

I asked some questions. They're doing most of their hiring from May-July, and afterwards chances are slim that you'll hear anything back. They said that every position available is in Ottawa as well.

Can you elaborate on the understaffed part? Was it we're understaffed on internal auditors in general, or this specific department is understaffed.
Hey, congrats on getting into the pool. Sorry but I can't elaborate much. I just asked what any future career prospectives would be like and they said there was room for advancement because they were understaffed. I'd assume it was a general statement.

Good to know about the hiring period. I'm curious how many people were entered into the pool this year. Good luck to you!
Nov 21, 2016
28 posts
1 upvote
mkmcra2 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:50 pm

I assume the pool you got into was IARD and the "May-July" was in reference to the IARD hiring? If not this seems to be in line with FORD as well, just that FORD sounds like you can still get hired after July but there bulk of hiring has been completed if not totally finished.
Mar 12, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
scerica wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm currently finishing my master's in Barcelona and will head to Ottawa this summer (actually from northern Alberta), looking for jobs! I heard that the understaffed was actually for internal auditors!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel