• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 5:07 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2015
136 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, I think there is some luck involved, but I've also heard that all of Public Service now has one evaluator (I'd like to confirm this though), and she's picky.
May 16, 2017
6 posts
Hey! Just curious.. Any other FSWEP's out there receive an email from FORD about being included in the Inventory of Eligible Candidates for the FORD CPA stream? I received notification that I have been included in this inventory and that it is complementary to FORD PSR campaign. Just wondering if anyone has any information about this inventory? I have not been able to find much information about it.
Oct 22, 2015
136 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Congrats! I have a colleague who received the same email. We reviewed it together and it was discussed with our HR person and it's true. You've bypassed the application process completely for FORD. Someone in your department had to submit your name earlier this summer for you to be eligible, or at least that's what happened for my colleague. So, it seems you are in the pool now and can be sent out for interviews once it opens (that part wasn't clear). I suspect your department will be hiring you (why put you in the inventory otherwise) as they should get priority for you over other departments.
May 16, 2017
6 posts
MarlyPK wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:44 am
Congrats! I have a colleague who received the same email. We reviewed it together and it was discussed with our HR person and it's true. You've bypassed the application process completely for FORD. Someone in your department had to submit your name earlier this summer for you to be eligible, or at least that's what happened for my colleague. So, it seems you are in the pool now and can be sent out for interviews once it opens (that part wasn't clear). I suspect your department will be hiring you (why put you in the inventory otherwise) as they should get priority for you over other departments.
Thanks! I actually did an application form back in April which required my supervisor to complete an assessment about me. Unfortunately I am currently located in the regions so I am looking at the options I have to move to NCR and hopefully stay with my current department!

I'm hoping having a financial management FSWEP position will be an advantage in my case! Has your colleague heard anything about when interviews will open? I have not at this time.
Oct 22, 2015
136 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Your department should have the ability to pull your name from the pool (since they helped get you into the pool). My colleague didn't have an interview and that's what happened. They are waiting for the letter of offer now.

I know that this is the time of year that initial interviews happen for the candidates who applied through the recent online competition. Once you are in the pool, your name can be sent to departments upon the request of those departments looking to hire. So it will really depend on whether any departments are hiring now or not. You could get a call any time in the next year (until the pool closes) and I heard that last year's pool was extended too. Some departments are trying to be competitive with the firms and will start hiring now, but I get the impression that many are still set in their ways of doing the hiring in the spring/summer. All you can do is wait and see. If you are bilingual, your chances are great. If you are not, your chances are good. :)
Oct 13, 2013
177 posts
34 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What's the current stage for these two programs? Are they interviewing, or sending out offers? Ongoing or already over?
May 16, 2017
6 posts
Ezcruu wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:38 am
What's the current stage for these two programs? Are they interviewing, or sending out offers? Ongoing or already over?
I don't believe IARD had a posting this fall. FORD's posting just closed on Thursday night last week so my guess would be that they are currently screening the applications they have received and will be sending out invitations from that point on.
Dec 7, 2016
16 posts
jmarie96 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 1:57 pm
I don't believe IARD had a posting this fall. FORD's posting just closed on Thursday night last week so my guess would be that they are currently screening the applications they have received and will be sending out invitations from that point on.
Do you know how long they take to contact you back after the posting closes? It only says "Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further".
May 16, 2017
6 posts
oil780 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 5:35 pm
Do you know how long they take to contact you back after the posting closes? It only says "Your application has been retained. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further".
It's hard to say. I think that, that is all dependent on how many applications they received and how long it takes them to screen all the applicants who will get interviews. I believe FORD is wanting to be more competitive with firms so based on last year's timelines I am thinking in the next 6 weeks or so- but I could be mistaken.

I would make sure you are checking the status of your application on a regular basis.
Dec 7, 2016
16 posts
BS001684 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:17 pm
Any update regarding the hiring process for FORD?
Not yet, has anyone heard anything?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
For those commenting, I was in the last group to be contacted for an interview at the end of 2016 (Contacted very late November or early December if I recall correctly) Ended up getting in.
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Ottawanian wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:47 am
For those commenting, I was in the last group to be contacted for an interview at the end of 2016 (Contacted very late November or early December if I recall correctly) Ended up getting in.
What is the date they will contact us by this month? I applied october 19. Are their positions in Toronto? Or do we have to go to ottawa?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Haha I have no idea man, maybe end of November.

If you’re bad with stress this process will not be enjoyable at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Ottawanian