• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 11:21 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Ottawanian wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:09 pm
Haha I have no idea man, maybe end of November.

If you’re bad with stress this process will not be enjoyable at all.
Haha, I just want to leave my current job. This seems to be my only ticket out.
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Not to discourage you but I believe they kept all the remaining pool people from 16-17 to extend as it wasn’t depleted.
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Ottawanian wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:59 pm
Not to discourage you but I believe they kept all the remaining pool people from 16-17 to extend as it wasn’t depleted.
Oh no really? That is sad to hear. Do you know how long I should hold out?
Nov 21, 2016
37 posts
1 upvote
Well one step at a time. You’ll know soon if you get an interview or not
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
I received this email the other day regarding my application acknowledgment. It is funny because I applied for the FORD back in Oct and now I'm receiving the acknowledgment. Also, I did apply for other post-secondary recruitment jobs and received an unsupervised assessment for that. Just wondering, will they send me a different unsupervised test for the FORD or they can pull my marks from the test that I already completed? BTW here is the email

"Thank you for applying to the Government of Canada - Financial Officer Recruitment and Development (FORD) Program! We have received your application and appreciate your interest.

The FORD Program recruits the best and brightest accounting graduates to work in rewarding careers in the federal public service. You can find more information about the program at Canada.ca/FORD-IARD.

Now is an exciting time to work in public sector financial management. Financial analysts across the federal government are working to support the programs that deliver on the commitments made in Budget 2017, such as:

· Skills, Innovation and Middle Class Jobs;
· Communities Built for Change;
· A Strong Canada at Home and in the World;
· Tax Fairness for the Middle Class; and
· Equal Opportunity.

We encourage you to visit www.budget.gc.ca to learn more.

Please note that only successful applicants will be invited to an interview in November. We look forward to meeting this year’s FORD Program candidates. "
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
BS001684 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:38 pm
I received this email the other day regarding my application acknowledgment. It is funny because I applied for the FORD back in Oct and now I'm receiving the acknowledgment. Also, I did apply for other post-secondary recruitment jobs and received an unsupervised assessment for that. Just wondering, will they send me a different unsupervised test for the FORD or they can pull my marks from the test that I already completed? BTW here is the email

"Thank you for applying to the Government of Canada - Financial Officer Recruitment and Development (FORD) Program! We have received your application and appreciate your interest.

The FORD Program recruits the best and brightest accounting graduates to work in rewarding careers in the federal public service. You can find more information about the program at Canada.ca/FORD-IARD.

Now is an exciting time to work in public sector financial management. Financial analysts across the federal government are working to support the programs that deliver on the commitments made in Budget 2017, such as:

· Skills, Innovation and Middle Class Jobs;
· Communities Built for Change;
· A Strong Canada at Home and in the World;
· Tax Fairness for the Middle Class; and
· Equal Opportunity.

We encourage you to visit www.budget.gc.ca to learn more.

Please note that only successful applicants will be invited to an interview in November. We look forward to meeting this year’s FORD Program candidates. "
I got the same email and also did an unsupervised test for post secondary recruitment. Let's hope we both get in!
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
Yeah, but my chances of getting in are very slim as I'm not bilingual and Canadian!
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
BS001684 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:04 pm
Yeah, but my chances of getting in are very slim as I'm not bilingual and Canadian!
I am Canadian but not bilingual
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
Just an update got an email to send in my transcripts. I really hope something comes through.
Oct 27, 2016
55 posts
27 upvotes
Origami1 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:24 pm
Just an update got an email to send in my transcripts. I really hope something comes through.
Same. Which pissed me off because I literally had to re type my transcript to fit neatly in that text box. Wouldn't copy/paste properly. I replied to that email and continue my wait.
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
Good job guys,

So, I haven't received any email regarding sending my transcript to them. Now this could mean that my transcripts were properly organised or I didn't make it to the cut. On side note, I got an invitation to write supervised test on Dec 09 for other public job.
Jul 5, 2017
27 posts
BS001684 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:38 am
Good job guys,

So, I haven't received any email regarding sending my transcript to them. Now this could mean that my transcripts were properly organised or I didn't make it to the cut. On side note, I got an invitation to write supervised test on Dec 09 for other public job.
I got the same (except I get to pick a date), what job specific jobs is this for? It just says careers in business, hr etc.
May 16, 2017
6 posts
Origami1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:34 pm
I got the same (except I get to pick a date), what job specific jobs is this for? It just says careers in business, hr etc.
I received an email for the Careers in Business, Policy, and HR this morning as well. Basically this means that you passed the two online tests administered at the end of October. To continue in the process you must write and pass the supervised Public Service Entrance Exam. There is no specific job to come out of this . When you completed this application you would have indicated which streams you wished to pursue (FI, AS, CR, PE etc. ) and provided your experience which was relevant to these streams. Dependent on the results of you exam, you will be placed into a general inventory in which hiring managers will be able to request a list of qualified people from an already established pool. **To anyone reading this, this is not related to the FORD process**