• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
I was really hoping it would be in Toronto or GTA area. I would have to leave my family and partner behind. No one is willing to move with me. Wonder what the possibility is to relocate to Toronto later. Either way I am happy to get an offer.
Last edited by Origami1 on Feb 10th, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Origami1 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 9:12 pm
I was really hoping it would be in Toronto or GTA area. I would have to leave my family or partner behind. No one is willing to move with me. Wonder what the possibility is to relocate to Toronto later. Either way I am happy to get an offer.
is it in the NCR?
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
Are we pretty much guaranteed a letter of offer? Or has there been cases after our clearance goes through and we don't get an offer?
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Origami1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:06 pm
Are we pretty much guaranteed a letter of offer? Or has there been cases after our clearance goes through and we don't get an offer?
I was told some people don't get through security clearance. I think it mostly depends on the organization's requirements and policies though
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
User651624 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:43 pm
I was told some people don't get through security clearance. I think it mostly depends on the organization's requirements and policies though
Interesting I have gone through security clearance for other govt organizations before, hoping this one goes through as well. I believe my last one took 6 weeks to process.
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Origami1 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:04 pm
Interesting I have gone through security clearance for other govt organizations before, hoping this one goes through as well. I believe my last one took 6 weeks to process.
I was also told 6 weeks
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
Any ford Alumnis here how was it like working for the govt?
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone have previous experience relocating with the govt? Just curious as to how helpful they can be with finding a place to live?

Also, if anyone has (or is) relocated to the NCR, what areas of town are best?
Nov 22, 2016
244 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
User651624 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 6:04 pm
Does anyone have previous experience relocating with the govt? Just curious as to how helpful they can be with finding a place to live?

Also, if anyone has (or is) relocated to the NCR, what areas of town are best?
Around $5000 in relocation expenses covered i believe, youd have to find places on your own, manager might help or get someone that can help if you ask
Manny
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 7:42 pm

Around $5000 in relocation expenses covered i believe, youd have to find places on your own, manager might help or get someone that can help if you ask

Is it easy to find a place in Ottawa or is it as difficult as Toronto? I briefly started looking but not seriously since my background check is still ongoing.
Nov 22, 2016
244 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
Origami1 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:01 pm

Is it easy to find a place in Ottawa or is it as difficult as Toronto? I briefly started looking but not seriously since my background check is still ongoing.
Its not too bad cause theres University housing everywhere due to Carleton and UOttawa. Plus you can look at Gatineau as well if you work close to the bridges/Parliament area.

Landlords/Property managers seem to prefer professionals over students anyway for rentals

I ended up accepting an offer in Toronto instead of the Ottawa one but I was seriously searching at one point
Manny