• Jun 12th, 2019 8:44 am
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2581 posts
561 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
its very difficult to get in, I had a test but they never picked me. yes its hard work on the assembly line but it pays good money, good benefits and good pension.
Hi
Nov 21, 2016
49 posts
3 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 8:15 pm
Its not too bad cause theres University housing everywhere due to Carleton and UOttawa. Plus you can look at Gatineau as well if you work close to the bridges/Parliament area.

Landlords/Property managers seem to prefer professionals over students anyway for rentals

I ended up accepting an offer in Toronto instead of the Ottawa one but I was seriously searching at one point
If you opt for Quebec know you’ll be paying higher taxes..
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
2581 posts
561 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
sick leave is a privilege not a right, do not abuse it. if you need to use the time to get better, then do that instead of taking your family to disney land and get caught then fired like some guys i know
Hi
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone gotten security clearance yet? The process for me seems to be taking very long
Jul 5, 2017
81 posts
2 upvotes
User651624 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 2:43 pm
Has anyone gotten security clearance yet? The process for me seems to be taking very long
Still waiting.
Jul 5, 2017
81 posts
2 upvotes
Hey, I was told I cleared my background check. However no offer yet. Out of curiosity, how likely is it to move back to Toronto within a year to transfer internally or to another department?
Nov 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
Did they give you a call or send an email confirming your background check? And how come they didnt mention the offer letters lolol?
Im not sure about transferring back to toronto since I havent started yet. Im sure someone else in this forum could help you
Oct 22, 2015
141 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa
Origami1 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 11:58 pm
Hey, I was told I cleared my background check. However no offer yet. Out of curiosity, how likely is it to move back to Toronto within a year to transfer internally or to another department?
If you look at the jobs.gc.ca you can search for FI-01 and FI-02 jobs and you'll see if there are any for Toronto. That will give you an idea of your chances.
Jul 5, 2017
81 posts
2 upvotes
eidipls wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 9:12 am
Did they give you a call or send an email confirming your background check? And how come they didnt mention the offer letters lolol?
Im not sure about transferring back to toronto since I havent started yet. Im sure someone else in this forum could help you
Confirmed via email, said offer letter pending.
Nov 22, 2016
309 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
Origami1 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 11:58 pm
Not easy at all despite what they tell you. Spousal relocations take a year too most times so the less urgent cases can take forever.
Applying for other FI processes in the meantime is good but they dont come around often and would push you out of the ford program even if you get one
Manny
Jul 5, 2017
81 posts
2 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 8:20 pm

Not easy at all despite what they tell you. Spousal relocations take a year too most times so the less urgent cases can take forever.
Applying for other FI processes in the meantime is good but they dont come around often and would push you out of the ford program even if you get one
Hey what do you mean by spousal relocation? Do I get priority if my spouse is in Toronto? Because that is the case for me.
Nov 22, 2016
309 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
Origami1 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 8:52 pm
Hey what do you mean by spousal relocation? Do I get priority if my spouse is in Toronto? Because that is the case for me.
If lets say your spouse comes to Ottawa with you, then a year later she gets a job somewhere else and you want to accompany her to wherever the job is, you can ask for the relocation.
If approved by your manager and department they MIGHT put you on a list where if a FI-1 position or something similar comes up at the new location you could be considered for it
Ive never done that, i simply asked for a relocation to Toronto due to personal reasons and it took about 15 months and i got lucky
Manny