• Jan 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 5, 2017
61 posts
2 upvotes
mannyafzal wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 10:09 am
If lets say your spouse comes to Ottawa with you, then a year later she gets a job somewhere else and you want to accompany her to wherever the job is, you can ask for the relocation.
If approved by your manager and department they MIGHT put you on a list where if a FI-1 position or something similar comes up at the new location you could be considered for it
Ive never done that, i simply asked for a relocation to Toronto due to personal reasons and it took about 15 months and i got lucky
How long were you in Ottawa before you asked for relocation?
Apr 25, 2018
6 posts
Did anyone get their written offer? I got my verbal offer a while ago but still no written one. Anyone in the same boat? Wondering how long should wait or start looking elsewhere at this point :/
Feb 15, 2018
3 posts
I've received two offers so far, one of them provided a written condition offer and the other is currently working on a letter of offer. Perhaps contact them to ask when you expect to receive it. Sometimes the LOO take a while because of security.
Apr 25, 2018
6 posts
rainorshine123 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 9:59 am
I've received two offers so far, one of them provided a written condition offer and the other is currently working on a letter of offer. Perhaps contact them to ask when you expect to receive it. Sometimes the LOO take a while because of security.
Is your written conditional a offer by email just stating you got the job and have to put in your official transcript etc? I received the same but a while ago.
Nov 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
Bladerunner710 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 8:12 am
Did anyone get their written offer? I got my verbal offer a while ago but still no written one. Anyone in the same boat? Wondering how long should wait or start looking elsewhere at this point :/
Same boat. Got my conditional offer in February, early feb. Was just an email stating that I got the job pending security clearance, reference check, and transcripts still need to be checked. They asked me my start date preference a couple weeks ago but have heard nothing else.
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
eidipls wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 11:46 am
Same boat. Got my conditional offer in February, early feb. Was just an email stating that I got the job pending security clearance, reference check, and transcripts still need to be checked. They asked me my start date preference a couple weeks ago but have heard nothing else.
I am also still waiting for an official written offer, sounds like it is ready though (just waiting for my final grades, etc).
Nov 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
User651624 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 1:27 pm
I am also still waiting for an official written offer, sounds like it is ready though (just waiting for my final grades, etc).
So I guess everyone is waiting for the final offer. Did they confirm if your background check was completed?
Feb 15, 2018
3 posts
Bladerunner710 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 11:35 am
Is your written conditional a offer by email just stating you got the job and have to put in your official transcript etc? I received the same but a while ago.
I actually received an actual conditional letter of offer outside of a verbal offer a few weeks prior to that.
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
eidipls wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 2:09 pm
So I guess everyone is waiting for the final offer. Did they confirm if your background check was completed?
Yes the basically said the offer letter is ready to send, they are just waiting for my semester grades to be finalized
Apr 25, 2018
6 posts
User651624 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 7:05 pm
Yes the basically said the offer letter is ready to send, they are just waiting for my semester grades to be finalized
Background check has cleared for me as well, waiting on offer letter.
Apr 25, 2018
6 posts
Does anyone know if getting a verbal offer + security clearance is a sure shot? My start date is very soon and I would like to resign from my current job as soon as possible.
Nov 22, 2016
244 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
Bladerunner710 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 9:53 am
Does anyone know if getting a verbal offer + security clearance is a sure shot? My start date is very soon and I would like to resign from my current job as soon as possible.
99% yeah, personally i wait for something in writing first
Manny
Jan 16, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Bladerunner710 wrote:
May 7th, 2018 5:44 pm
Did anyone get their contract yet?
Still waiting. Got my conditional offer at the end of March and passed security clearance 2 weeks ago. No start date yet
Nov 28, 2017
15 posts
1 upvote
Got my final offer a couple hours ago. Start date in second week of june