• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
For those who have received their contracts already, has there been any mention of relocation allowance?
May 16, 2017
12 posts
User651624 wrote:
May 14th, 2018 11:04 am
For those who have received their contracts already, has there been any mention of relocation allowance?
Yes, it was included in my letter of offer. There was also a contact for the relocation advisor in my department I had to email. I was set up with Brookfield (BGRS) within 2 hours of signing my letter of offer.
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
For those relocating to Ottawa, how has it been finding places to live?
May 16, 2017
12 posts
User651624 wrote:
May 24th, 2018 10:56 am
For those relocating to Ottawa, how has it been finding places to live?
I am flying out there next week to find a place for August! I will let you know how it goes. Doesn't seem to be a lot moving right now which is a little concerning for me
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
Anyone have experience with the federal government dress codes? Is a suit and tie always required?
Dec 3, 2012
16 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
User651624 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 5:09 pm
Anyone have experience with the federal government dress codes? Is a suit and tie always required?
Every department varies — always a good idea to start with a suit the first day and see how everyone else dresses.

For those who got offers, congrats. There's a Reddit for public servants /r/CanadaPublicServants if you guys got other general work questions btw.
Apr 16, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Any idea when new dates of applications will open for this year. ? Also looking for advice how to prepare for the Ford exams.
Sep 22, 2018
1 posts
I am looking to complete my CPA, currently working in CBSA as a student clerk, but I will be graduating in April. Is there any programs I should be applying too? Also any idea when FORD applications will be open?

Thanks,
Nov 22, 2016
244 posts
39 upvotes
GTA
JeyL38106 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 1:39 pm
I am looking to complete my CPA, currently working in CBSA as a student clerk, but I will be graduating in April. Is there any programs I should be applying too? Also any idea when FORD applications will be open?

Thanks,
Apply to post secondary recruitment (PSR) programs through jobs.gc.ca
the FORD program is a specialized program, apply to that as well (i think a PSR application is required)
Manny
Oct 19, 2018
4 posts
Hello! Do you have any feedback in terms of grade ( B+ or A ) How much emphasis is put on grades or as long as you meet the requirement stated on application you are fine! Thank you so much for your help!
Oct 19, 2018
4 posts
Would you be okay with sharing your grade average? Is B+ or B acceptable! Thank you so much!
Nov 25, 2018
3 posts
Has anyone heard about first round of interviews? I was told we would hear in November.
Nov 30, 2018
3 posts
Still waiting .... even though yesterday was the last day of november!