• Oct 16th, 2019 12:17 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2017
41 posts
1 upvote
vnhuleb wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 7:50 am
Still waiting .... even though yesterday was the last day of november!
Keep in mind gov is always a slow process... speaking from experience
Dec 4, 2018
1 posts
Have they started interviewing?

They asked for my resume and transcript and I never heard back from them. It's been over a month.
Nov 25, 2018
4 posts
bg1234 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 6:53 pm
Have they started interviewing?

They asked for my resume and transcript and I never heard back from them. It's been over a month.
I have been contacted for a pre-selection interview for next week.
Oct 19, 2018
4 posts
friend would you mind sharing how was your average ( really high or any range) or your work experience What would you say is like the benchmark I am a 4th year BBA student. Thank you so much!
Nov 21, 2016
49 posts
3 upvotes
Benchmark: Likely B average.

Marks may matter more when choosing between qualified candidates from the pool...Work experience per say is not relevant as much as specific experiences; i.e. leadership roles.

I am currently 1 and a bit years into my FORD program and have rapidly progressed from an FI-01 to an FI-02 already, so it really is a great program :)
Aug 16, 2018
11 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawanian wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 9:06 pm
Benchmark: Likely B average.

Marks may matter more when choosing between qualified candidates from the pool...Work experience per say is not relevant as much as specific experiences; i.e. leadership roles.

I am currently 1 and a bit years into my FORD program and have rapidly progressed from an FI-01 to an FI-02 already, so it really is a great program :)
how have you found your experience so far and can you touch on the type of work you usually encounter? Also do you see yourself staying after the program fir the long run?
Jan 9, 2019
4 posts
I heard back from the program today saying I got accepted into the Inventory/pool! :) I’m super excited!

Did anyone else hear back?
Does anyone know how long it will be until an employment office contacts you? :)
Oct 19, 2018
4 posts
Congratulations Friend! Would you like to share when was your interview, how long did it take for them to contact you and which region you have applied from? Thank you so much!
Jan 9, 2019
4 posts
@sanhasazu Sure! So my interview was December 6th, 2018, and I heard back from them this past Thursday (January 10th)...so just over a month. I applied from a region within the GTA, east of Toronto to be more specific. :)
Nov 21, 2016
49 posts
3 upvotes
416sand wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:29 am
how have you found your experience so far and can you touch on the type of work you usually encounter? Also do you see yourself staying after the program fir the long run?
Sorry for the delay Sand.

I think in some regards I've gotten lucky in my specific situation with the group I started with. I'm on my second rotation and becoming a bit more specialized. The work is highly classified so I'll leave it out, but it's what you would expect from an FI in the FORD program.

The program lasts 30-months if I recall correctly, I'll soon be applying to upgrade my Acting FI-02 to an Indeterminate, so after that it's a bit less relevant.

a BIG THING I have noticed through my work is Managers, Directors etc. in the FI roles at my work are largely FORD graduates, seems like a good sign if anyone wants to push up!
Aug 16, 2018
11 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawanian wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 2:45 pm
Sorry for the delay Sand.

I think in some regards I've gotten lucky in my specific situation with the group I started with. I'm on my second rotation and becoming a bit more specialized. The work is highly classified so I'll leave it out, but it's what you would expect from an FI in the FORD program.

The program lasts 30-months if I recall correctly, I'll soon be applying to upgrade my Acting FI-02 to an Indeterminate, so after that it's a bit less relevant.

a BIG THING I have noticed through my work is Managers, Directors etc. in the FI roles at my work are largely FORD graduates, seems like a good sign if anyone wants to push up!
Thats good too know, thank you for your response!