• Feb 23rd, 2016 5:41 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes

Forgot to cancel CC - got charged yearly fee

I forgot to cancel my CC which just hit a year old. I got charged the yearly fee yesterday.

Anyway they can reverse this fee and have the card cancelled? I don't even use it. This is the TD Aeroplan Visa.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Call them now. Either cancel, or product switch to another card if you like another TD card, including a no fee card. Product switch means you can carry the 1 year history into the new card, rather than starting new history with a new card.

Pay the balance, except the $120 yearly fee. If you do this right now, usually they won't bicker about the few days. If you wait a month, then they have reason to dicker with you, or at least charge you pro-rated for one month.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
with Amex, you have 60 days to cancel and be fully refunded your annual fees

since you're only off by a day, you should be fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3105 posts
1530 upvotes
Has anyone switched from TD Infinite Visa to TD Aeroplan and still got the Welcome bonus?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9332 upvotes
where I belong
ar2020 wrote: I forgot to cancel my CC which just hit a year old. I got charged the yearly fee yesterday.

Anyway they can reverse this fee and have the card cancelled? I don't even use it. This is the TD Aeroplan Visa.
Same with me, $120 hit, they couldn't waive it (my All inclusive account only waives 1 premium card annual fee)
so I called in to cancel, they'll credit the $120 and close it
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18945 posts
10527 upvotes
I have had a couple I forgot about (was churning them), and when I called in the cancel them they were more than willing to waive the yearly fee without any hassle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)