Politics, Religion & Controversial

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown Megathread - sexual misconduct allegations, CTV lawsuit, not running in election

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 3:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30694 posts
7566 upvotes
GTHA

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown Megathread - sexual misconduct allegations, CTV lawsuit, not running in election

WARNING: This story contains graphic details
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/patrick ... -1.3774686

Unedited video of PC Leader Patrick Brown's news conference

PC Leader Patrick Brown says 'I'll be at work tomorrow' after denying sexual misconduct allegations
Last edited by tk1000 on Jan 24th, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 16 times in total.
834 replies
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
If the NDP can't find a way to capitalize on this, they really are lost....
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16154 posts
515 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Looks like another 5 years of Wynne
Feb 4, 2015
190 posts
79 upvotes
York, ON
So this allegedly happened when a Federal MP, but the story is just coming out now, a handful of months before an election, when he's riding high in the polls.
What a happy coincidence and immaculate timing.

Trial by (Liberal friendly) media will ensure that he's guilty until proven innocent. And who knows if he can prove himself innocent in a he-said, she-said scenario.

I have every respect for victims of these kind of crimes, and absolutely victims needs to come forward.
That said, the timing on this is highly convenient and very advantageous to certain other groups. As I type - without knowing any more detail - it also seems strange that both came forward at the same time, rather than one accuser coming forward and giving confidence to others to do the same, which is the usual way these things play out.

It will be interesting to watch this develop.
Penalty Box
Aug 10, 2010
781 posts
183 upvotes
Mars.
Oh man. Wait until now to then reveal to this to the public eh?

Timing is everything.
Don't be a cooch.
Oct 9, 2017
138 posts
Mississauga
Premier Wynne is diabolical! I cannot believe they've already won the June election. Unbelievable!
Penalty Box
Aug 10, 2010
781 posts
183 upvotes
Mars.
OntarioRocks wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 10:21 pm
Premier Wynne is diabolical! I cannot believe they've already won the June election. Unbelievable!
She's a ****, but that's for a different thread, eh?
Don't be a cooch.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30694 posts
7566 upvotes
GTHA
shikotee wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 10:04 pm
Brown Denies...
and refuses to resign.

Moments after the news conference, Brown's campaign manager, chief of staff and deputy manager resigned.

"Earlier today, all three of us became aware of allegations about Patrick Brown. After speaking with him, our advice was that he should resign as PC Party leader. He did not accept that advice," Andrew Boddington, Alykhan Velshi and Dan Robertson said in a joint statement.

"We have therefore resigned our positions."

Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like there are resignations, in protest of Brown not resigning.
The PC Party Press Secretary resigned.
Apr 26, 2012
382 posts
13 upvotes
Cue the "we must do better" tweets from Wynne and Trudeau
Oct 9, 2017
138 posts
Mississauga
I have been listening to Newstalk 1010 and they had some political commentators on air. Both political commentators were saying there have been rumours for months now at Queens Park that the Liberals had something that would change the election in their favour. Now that the Conservatives are finished, I think it's a matter of if the Liberals win a minority or majority again.

I am impressed with Premier Wynne's team, may every campaign have such shrewd people.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30694 posts
7566 upvotes
GTHA
Response from federal Conservative Party leader Andrew Scheer on allegations against Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown.

Jan 11, 2012
156 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you are going to call this timing suspicious what do you call if it happened 6 weeks before election date? There is arguably an opening for PCs to tackle this properly with enough time to make themselves look capable of addressing some issues where people's perception of them is not so good , if they are smart ....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)