Politics, Religion & Controversial

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown Megathread - sexual misconduct allegations, CTV lawsuit, not running in election

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 3:20 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 9, 2017
138 posts
Mississauga
Politics is a dirty business. Someone did Patrick in and I don't think it was just one group or party. None of these allegations pass the smell test. I hope the poor guy can clear his name.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
2909 posts
606 upvotes
Miami
shikotee wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 10:25 pm
How has Patrick (this is how many active PC memberships there are) Brown already won? Crying Face

He can lie about memberships, but he'll sure tell the truth about what happened with those two girls.
And what makes you think Brown is the scumbag? For being accused of something without any evidence and having his career and reputation flushed down the toilet over it?

Guilty until proven innocent is not how this country works. But the media and the #metoo movement have made it possible for any pathetic lowlife woman to say anything about any man and ruin his life in a matter of seconds.
Last edited by MayorOfToronto on Feb 9th, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4075 posts
102 upvotes
Tahsis
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 5:06 am
What's up with these politicians forcing ladies for oral sex? Thinking Face
Who exactly did Brown force?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6678 posts
239 upvotes
I think we're at the point in the story where the accusers either have to come forward or CTV needs to apologize. Brown seems to have provided enough evidence to support the fact that the stories couldn't possibly have happened as reported.
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:53 pm
And what makes you think Brown is the scumbag?
I already stated what it is that makes Brown a "lying scumbag".
He claimed the PC's had 200 000 memberships, yet since his removal they found out it was just under 130 000.
I believe they call this lying scumbag math?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17400 posts
1277 upvotes
Niagara Falls
hugh_da_man wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 12:19 am
I think we're at the point in the story where the accusers either have to come forward or CTV needs to apologize. Brown seems to have provided enough evidence to support the fact that the stories couldn't possibly have happened as reported.
Something certainly needs to happen. Normally I'd say, I hope the person that did the bad thing gets charged, but even if Mr. Brown did what he is accused of, afaik, it's not a crime. If the accusations do turn out to be false, then the accusers need to be charged. I have no issues with people speaking up about sexual abuse, but no one should be allowed to make up a claim, damage someones reputation and just get away free with that.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17400 posts
1277 upvotes
Niagara Falls
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 5:50 pm

EDITORIAL: Due process casualty in Brown scandal
http://torontosun.com/opinion/editorial ... wn-scandal
What due process has been left behind? Patrick Brown isn't sitting in a jail cell somewhere.

Is there a due process that someone had to go through before people can't judgement? I don't think that's a law anywhere.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1154 posts
529 upvotes
Moon
Evil Baby wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:34 pm
What due process has been left behind? Patrick Brown isn't sitting in a jail cell somewhere.

Is there a due process that someone had to go through before people can't judgement? I don't think that's a law anywhere.
Allegations that could impact someone elses life need to be barred from public reporting until proven. Rules and regulations behind this shit needs to be clearly laid out. If these women were assaulted they need to go prove this in court. If they cannot then they need to pay millions of dollars in damages for damage to reputation, character, loss of income, loss of position, etc.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17400 posts
1277 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 7:30 pm
Allegations that could impact someone elses life need to be barred from public reporting until proven. Rules and regulations behind this shit needs to be clearly laid out. If these women were assaulted they need to go prove this in court. If they cannot then they need to pay millions of dollars in damages for damage to reputation, character, loss of income, loss of position, etc.
They absolutely do not need to stop reporting. Newspaper shouldn't have to wait for a full court case to occur before they can report something. People who make accusations should be held accountable for their actions yes, but it was the PC party that pushed Mr. Brown out, not some due process casualty.

The PC party could have handled this situation like TVO did, but they decided not to.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30676 posts
7557 upvotes
GTHA
Patrick Brown says he can disprove sexual-misconduct allegations against him
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37932904/
The former leader of Ontario's Progressive Conservative Party, who stepped down from his position late last month amid allegations of sexual-misconduct, said Sunday he can disprove the accusations.

In a lengthy Facebook post, Patrick Brown wrote that he has been investigating the allegations reported by CTV News. He said specific details of the accusations from two unnamed women, which date back to when he was a federal MP, contain discrepancies that prove the accounts are false. Brown also alleged that both his accusers know CTV reporters socially, and the broadcaster left out a contradicting account from a witness.

"I will clear my name," Brown wrote in a post that had been shared more than 2,000 times as of Sunday afternoon. "THIS STORY IS FALSE."

The post echoed an interview Brown gave last week to the Postmedia news agency, which was published in the Toronto Sun and several other outlets, in which he proclaimed his innocence and said he was considering legal action.

Following Brown's social media statement, CTV defended its reporting.

"CTV is aware of the claims made in Patrick Brown's Facebook post (Sunday) and those reportedly made in his interview with the Toronto Sun. CTV News stands by its story," Matthew Garrow, communications director for the broadcaster, wrote in a statement.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1154 posts
529 upvotes
Moon
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 10:30 pm
Patrick Brown says he can disprove sexual-misconduct allegations against him
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e37932904/
I love how we have reached the point where the accused have to prove their innocence or they are guilty. Welcome to the SJW run justice system. Gosh the left! Much progress! Such social justice! WOW.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3290 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:32 am
I love how we have reached the point where the accused have to prove their innocence or they are guilty. Welcome to the SJW run justice system. Gosh the left! Much progress! Such social justice! WOW.
Didn't you know? If you don't automatically believe a person's* accusation of sexual harassment/assault it means that you are enabling the action....

*note that I said "person" because men can be and are the victims of sexual harassment as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8326 posts
293 upvotes
Applesmack wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:32 am
Oh really?. Its SJW fault now?. You guys called Wynne corrupt. She is guilty of everything you accused her of without providing proof.

If he really believes that he is innocent, he should have stayed.

There was just a report that he cheated his way into being the leader of the PC party too.

Even his own people do not trust him. One of the accusers worked for him. She was a conservative.

She is SJW too?.
Welcome to the SJW run justice system.
How?.

He is being tried in the court of public opinion not in our judicial system(at least not yet).
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4854 posts
1491 upvotes
Kingston, ON
CTV's got some 'splaning to do...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/patrick ... -1.3802657

That's kind of a relevant detail to fact-check before going to press. Did she lie to CTV? Did CTV not corroborate that part of the story?

This could end up with Brown getting reelected as MPP. Elliott is open to his return to the fold if he clears these allegations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)