Politics, Religion & Controversial

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown Megathread - sexual misconduct allegations, CTV lawsuit, not running in election

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 3:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
12190 posts
1155 upvotes
Brown said the first incident never happened, and in the second, he was the one who got kissed, not the other way around.

Some of Brown’s strongest critics were members of his own party who immediately said they believed the women and called his behaviour “disgusting.”

Somehow that that was expected. You can see where this is heading.

Goes to show you what type of investigation some of this media places actually perform>
Last edited by eldiablo on Feb 14th, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2054 posts
817 upvotes
Hamilton
Does this matter? The damage is already done and his political career is over.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1630 posts
498 upvotes
I saw that @Mike15 updated this thread, but people don't always look. Also, I think, given the seriousness of what's happened, it deserves its own thread. Mods can overrule me, if they please.
Dpack22 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:19 pm
Does this matter? The damage is already done and his political career is over.
He should have never resigned. Let that be a lesson for those holding high positions. Never resign. It's silly. If they fire you, contractually you are entitled to a relatively good severance package (stock, cash, etc.). But if you quit, not as much.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5142 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:22 pm
He should have never resigned. Let that be a lesson for those holding high positions. Never resign. It's silly. If they fire you, contractually you are entitled to a relatively good severance package (stock, cash, etc.). But if you quit, not as much.
Whether he is guilty or innocent, at the time he was accused, behind the scenes I don't think his party gave him much of a choice.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1630 posts
498 upvotes
No Frills wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:26 pm
Whether he is guilty or innocent, at the time he was accused, behind the scenes I don't think his party gave him much of a choice.
If you're at the helm of an organization who loses confidence in you, then they have the ability to dismiss you. I would have stuck it out until they got rid of me. My principle has always been that you fight until the end; no surrender. But that's just me.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1660 posts
75 upvotes
Feb 14th, 2018 12:30 pm
If you're at the helm of an organization who loses confidence in you, then they have the ability to dismiss you. I would have stuck it out until they got rid of me. My principle has always been that you fight until the end; no surrender. But that's just me.
I hope he sues the lying woman and the pos CTV for everything he can...
It is so easy to destroy someone on a whim in today's progressive utopia..
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
3498 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if he could file a libel claim against the media who exposed this and the accusers. Seems to me to meet the criteria ie a lie that was exposed and led to damages.

If so what could throw the brakes on the me2 hysteria.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1584 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
hopefully civil lawsuits incoming for ctv and those women if his legal team is working on proving the allegations to be false

maybe even criminal ones if you interpret it as false allegations with the purpose of harming and tampering with a democratic electoral process
Last edited by qewcool on Feb 14th, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10668 posts
1205 upvotes
Markham
silky28 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:43 pm
I wonder if he could file a libel claim against the media who exposed this and the accusers. Seems to me to meet the criteria ie a lie that was exposed and led to damages.

If so what could throw the brakes on the me2 hysteria.
Absolutely he could and should do that as there are definite damages.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3291 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
I would imagine that employment contracts might now have clauses saying that the person can't be fired (without a payout) in a claim of sexual harassment or assault, unless these accusations are substantiated in court.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10641 posts
1271 upvotes
RFD
CTV on Twitter is on blast with fake news comments everywhere Face With Tears Of Joy He should sue the pants out of everyone including CTV
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
10641 posts
1271 upvotes
RFD
Feb 14th, 2018 12:22 pm
I saw that @Mike15 updated this thread, but people don't always look. Also, I think, given the seriousness of what's happened, it deserves its own thread. Mods can overrule me, if they please.

The problem is if he stayed on as leader, he would not have won. The circus distraction is too massive, especially now with the MeToo movement on the news daily, he would have gotten heat from all sides. Public opinion is messed up nowadays, people automatically think what they hear on the news is true and condemn them immediately. He was right to step down until he could get his name clear.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)