Politics, Religion & Controversial

Former Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown Megathread - sexual misconduct allegations, CTV lawsuit, not running in election

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2018 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 29, 2008
2962 posts
281 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:12 pm

CTV is a liberal run corp, of course they would point fingers and blame before fact checking.
koffey wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 3:43 pm
Can you source this claim?
Just curious why you say this? How do you “source this claim”?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 13, 2014
2997 posts
666 upvotes
Miami
The accusers are changing their story, CTV is continueing to back the accusers, and the accusers continue to hide behind CTV even when pressed to go to the authorities.

And some of you ******* were so ready with your pitchforks trying to bring down an innocent man because of some pathetic scumbags who ran to the media with a bogus story.

I loathe SJWs and PC cops with a passion
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Penalty Box
Aug 10, 2010
781 posts
183 upvotes
Mars.
MayorOfToronto wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:18 pm
The accusers are changing their story, CTV is continueing to back the accusers, and the accusers continue to hide behind CTV even when pressed to go to the authorities.

And some of you ******* were so ready with your pitchforks trying to bring down an innocent man because of some pathetic scumbags who ran to the media with a bogus story.

I loathe SJWs and PC cops with a passion
Agreed. That woman has also undermined real sexual assault survivors who have come forward.

I hope she gets sued, and gets a dose of her own venom. Read that however you want to.
Don't be a cooch.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Mike15 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 4:51 pm
It's a parroting of American talking points to talk about "liberal media" in Canada. CBC and TorStar, sure... but not really for the for-profit, corporate owned media like CTV/Globe, City, Global, and of course PostMedia.
Yup. I have to say - pretty comical (and ignorant) to call CTV "liberal media".

I'm blown away by the constant parroting and spreading of misinformation here at RFD.
What blows me away most of all is how many of these bleeters are 100% all in, completely convinced that the rest of society is duped, while they are the ones who are sniffing " the truth".

People can laugh about the value of a history degree, but I am eternally greatful for the critical thinking skills I developed within that field of study.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 9, 2017
138 posts
Mississauga
You would think a critical part of this accuser's story (being underage) would be factually checked over and over before going to the news. As soon as Brown proved it was false, they then backtracked. I mean if this was such a traumatizing experience with Brown, wouldn't you know the exact date of this occurance? When traumatic things happen to me, I certainly remember the my age when they happened. This looks awfully suspicious.

I feel for the guy, he got a nasty political hit on him. He was being called a predator when these accusations came out too. I've hardly heard anything on the news about this being found false.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1750 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shikotee wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:31 pm
Yup. I have to say - pretty comical (and ignorant) to call CTV "liberal media".

I'm blown away by the constant parroting and spreading of misinformation here at RFD.
What blows me away most of all is how many of these bleeters are 100% all in, completely convinced that the rest of society is duped, while they are the ones who are sniffing " the truth".

People can laugh about the value of a history degree, but I am eternally greatful for the critical thinking skills I developed within that field of study.
Ha.. hahhaha.. the irony ... oh god.. too funny.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
nabiul wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:46 pm
Ha.. hahhaha.. the irony ... oh god.. too funny.
Totally. I almost pee-peed my pants. :rolleyes:
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2017
649 posts
448 upvotes
Rockwood
I am very glad Mr. Brown is fighting this. Not sure how true it is but it seems and I've heard that he was pushed out for a reason by his own party.

It's clear there were other actors at play here including the journalists that broke the story.
Member
Apr 14, 2017
391 posts
117 upvotes
DT Calgary
Liberals still on here defending the fake accusations, LOL.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
3619 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:31 pm
Yup. I have to say - pretty comical (and ignorant) to call CTV "liberal media".

I'm blown away by the constant parroting and spreading of misinformation here at RFD.
What blows me away most of all is how many of these bleeters are 100% all in, completely convinced that the rest of society is duped, while they are the ones who are sniffing " the truth".

People can laugh about the value of a history degree, but I am eternally greatful for the critical thinking skills I developed within that field of study.
I don't speak for other people, only myself. I call BS on things that do not, in my opinion, pass the smell test. There is a clear and demonstrable bias towards the left in our media and the media of pretty much every Western nation. The fake news thing has gotten out of hand but it doesn't mean that it is not true. To me, fake news involved the deliberate framing of an event to present it other than it actually was. To give just three examples: CNN editing videos to make Trump look like he just calling dumped fish food into the Japanese pond, or that he was snubbed for a handshake by the Polish first lady when neither was the case, and the mis representation of the Berkeley riots as a right wing uprising when it was clearly ANTIFA.

As for the history degree, I've got two and working on a third. I doubt that will stop you from questioning my critical thinking, will it? As for the critical thinking skills one learns in modern day history departments...I would suggest it is extremely limited in nature for what is seen as valid assessments seem to skew towards one, sinister, direction.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1176 posts
549 upvotes
Moon
FreshCo wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 12:21 am
Liberals still on here defending the fake accusations, LOL.
My imaginary sister says she was raped by Justin Trudeau. Everyone stop the presses!!!11!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6763 posts
239 upvotes
After watching the Brown interview I believe him and not the anonymous accusers. He has made convincing statements and backed them with facts and evidence. We don't have the second hand claims of her father or friends, we have people who were directly referenced by the accusers who say it never happened. We have the video of his house at the time that clearly doesn't have a second floor and a bedroom that clearly doesn't have a door. She has adjusted her story now after hearing Brown's evidence and that's the hallmark of a fake story.

Also, it's interesting that the one girl said she was underage as that was also the attack that was made on Roy Moore that went no where in the end. They paint them as sexual predators going after underage girls because it's nearly impossible for someone to continue to support them with those types of accusations. Of all the things he was accused of that was probably the worst part. Plying a high schooler with alcohol for sexual favours is repulsive. A woman of legal age drinking in a bar and then going home with a guy is pretty much normal human interaction.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
8055 posts
7819 upvotes
Poor Patrick Brown got a taste of his own medicine and is now whining. He has still yet to retract his false comment that Wynne was on trial in the nomination of the mpp candidate, where as in reality she was only offering testimony. No pity deserved, regardless if the accusations against him are true or not. Smug-faced Slimeball
Last edited by Redmask on Feb 15th, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language filter bypass

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)