Ancaster
Milton Mall Shopping Centre
Mississauga
Centrepoint Mall, Toronto
RioCan St. Laurent, Ottawa
Shoppers World Danforth, Toronto
Intercity Shopping Centre, Thunder Bay

Across Canada:
Abbotsford Power Centre, Abbotsford, B.C.
Nanaimo North Town Centre, Nanaimo, B.C.
Prince George, B.C.
Victoria Tillicum, Victoria, B.C.
Shoppes at Shawnessy, Calgary, Alta.
Signal Hill Centre, Calgary, Alta.
Northgate Mall, Regina, Sask.

Full story:
http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/07 ... tions.html
31 replies
Jul 14, 2012
338 posts
146 upvotes
Hamilton
Bad choice with the Ancaster location. Parking lot is horrible, and it's right beside a home depot.....however it's about 15 mins closer to my house than the next closest one, so i approve.

edit: nm I didn't read the part where it's from the ground up.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2806 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Ontario locations:
Ancaster
Milton Mall Shopping Centre
Mississauga
Centrepoint Mall, Toronto
RioCan St. Laurent, Ottawa
Shoppers World Danforth, Toronto
Intercity Shopping Centre, Thunder Bay

Full story:
http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/07 ... tions.html
To correct your quote:

In addition to the 12 new Target locations, Lowe’s is building a store in Ancaster and another in Mississauga from the ground up
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2806 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Android412 wrote: Bad choice with the Ancaster location. Parking lot is horrible, and it's right beside a home depot.....however it's about 15 mins closer to my house than the next closest one, so i approve.
Ancaster is being built at Wilson & Garner, opposite the west Ancaster Canadian Tire and Walmart. Not the old Target location in Meadowlands.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3901 posts
2190 upvotes
Ontario
The Ancaster Canadian Tire should take the Target location. It's a small and outdated location.

Though once the Brantford Costco is built, I won't need to go to Meadowlands.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2013
1218 posts
601 upvotes
North of Toronto
Mississauga one might be what they are building at Mavis/Bristol on the south west side. I remember reading that as a possible location for Lowes a long time ago in the Mississauga News.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Android412 wrote: Bad choice with the Ancaster location... and it's right beside a home depot.....
That would make it a good location.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Whitedart wrote: To correct your quote:

In addition to the 12 new Target locations, Lowe’s is building a store in Ancaster and another in Mississauga from the ground up
Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
GhostBusters wrote: Mississauga one might be what they are building at Mavis/Bristol on the south west side. I remember reading that as a possible location for Lowes a long time ago in the Mississauga News.
And here I thought a new subdivision was going in.

Also the title should be changed to SOME former target stores.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I don't believe I've ever purchased anything from Lowes....
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
rob187 wrote: I don't believe I've ever purchased anything from Lowes....
At first blush, Lowes seems to be a clone of Home Depot. But the few times I've shopped there I was very happy with the selection and found exactly what I was looking for. The only reason I don't shop there is because of the distance from my house. But now with the Centrepoint store opening up, I'll be curious to step inside and see how they're going to use the relatively limited space.

If I were the Canadian Tire in the same mall, I'd be worried.
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
I was expecting Shopper's world Danforth to be demolished and become Condos but I'll gladly welcome a Lowes.
No word on what's going to happen to the East York Town centre location??
Or how about the Woodbine Centre, where the Target was "coming soon" but never made it into the former Zellers location? "Future Target" :arrow: http://www.woodbinecentre.ca/store-directory
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
GhostBusters wrote: Mississauga one might be what they are building at Mavis/Bristol on the south west side. I remember reading that as a possible location for Lowes a long time ago in the Mississauga News.
+1

Correct... I can see it from my window...
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Pete Jones wrote: At first blush, Lowes seems to be a clone of Home Depot. But the few times I've shopped there I was very happy with the selection and found exactly what I was looking for. The only reason I don't shop there is because of the distance from my house. But now with the Centrepoint store opening up, I'll be curious to step inside and see how they're going to use the relatively limited space.

If I were the Canadian Tire in the same mall, I'd be worried.
It's going to be quite strange with two hardware stores in the same mall but makes for great competition and price matching opportunities.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
It was a possible location a few years ago when Lowes applied for zoning approval....but not now!

The construction company says that the new location is at 5348 Mavis Road....which puts it at the intersection of Britannia & Mavis. You know...where the RONA used to be, which they are tearing down right now.

Why they couldn't re-use the existing RONA building is anybody's guess.

I like Lowes just because they have different stuff and better promos than Home Depot. I don't even step foot in a Canadian Tire anymore unless I absolutely have to.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Holy carp west Calgary hopefully finally gets a real hardware store.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: It's going to be quite strange with two hardware stores in the same mall but makes for great competition and price matching opportunities.
Canadian tire is not in any way worried. They own both Sport Check and Marks. They'll most likely shuffle the store to carry less hardware and more "other" stuff.
Aug 30, 2007
199 posts
40 upvotes
I can confirm that it will be a Lowes at Bristol/Mavis.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)