Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fortinos

Live Lobster 11.99LB for large 2LB+

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 10:31 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
phez wrote: Is this really worth it? $3 more per LB for .5 lbs more than the 'smaller' lobsters?
This is likely personal and subjective. If given the choice, I'd pick 2 2-lb ones over 3-4 smaller ones. Large 2 pounders are rarer from the supermarkets and considerably more expensive usually. This may differ from the fish markets near the coast.

Interesting read about lobsters from History web site
Apr 4, 2012
313 posts
206 upvotes
Laval, Que
chinook79 wrote:
He probably meant frozen lobster tail
express.items wrote: Costco has live lobsters?!
Yes they do, at least in my local Costco in Laval Que. I think they were 25.99/kg
Apr 4, 2012
313 posts
206 upvotes
Laval, Que
yao416 wrote: Mushy meat means no good lobsters
or under cooked lobster
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
You don't want to kill the lobsters beforehand, otherwise you expose yourself to higher likelihood of food poisoning.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2238 posts
881 upvotes
express.items wrote: Costco has live lobsters?!
Yes, some locations have it sometimes with a big water tank. It was at the Elgin Mills location last weekend.
chinook79 wrote: He probably meant frozen lobster tail
See above.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mikka2017 wrote: damn, no fortinos in scarborough...i think the closest one for me is near pac mall? denison and steeles?
also is there taxes on lobster?
Fortino's at that location has been replaced with another supermarket for some time now.
Your closest is near Yorkdale Mall.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
Not the best deal but comparable to Fortino's $8.99 price: Loblaws has 1-1.25 pounders for $10.99 lb combined with 5000 PC points for $20 purchase of fresh or frozen seafood SATURDAY ONLY
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
rfdrfd wrote: Good deal, but just to be aware, killing a live lobster ain't a walk in the park.

this brings me back to last Saturday, when my wife bought from Nations (Asian supermarket), 1 lb live lobsters for $5/lb (something like that). Since they were small, she bought 6 of them.

The store wouldn't cut it for us, even if she offered to pay. So here we are, at home, 6 live lobsters.

To give me more "power", I grabbed a rubber mallet from my tool box. So, that helped a lot, but I just had to hold my breath and just kept doing it.

Sometimes, it wasn't perfectly half (down the midline), it is not easy I tell ya. I'm not vegan or what have you, but seriously, it was not a good feeling.

how did they taste? Some of the meat tasted kinda mushy, but some were excellent, so depends on the lobster and maybe my BBQ skills.

We did have a lot of meat, even had left over claws which tasted good, after 1 day in the fridge.
I once returned live lobster. I love the stuff, but just could not kill it. I’m admittedly such a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
Drakestar wrote: I once returned live lobster. I love the stuff, but just could not kill it. I’m admittedly such a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat.
You can return them?? Didn't know that.
Same here, I love eating lobster, but never realized what it felt like until I had to do it myself.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
Drakestar wrote: I once returned live lobster. I love the stuff, but just could not kill it. I’m admittedly such a hypocrite when it comes to eating meat.
Says the son of parents both born on the east coast........throw it in boiling pot, set the timer and walk away- what's the big deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
For those who will feel guilty or be emotionally scarred by cooking live lobster, most stores will steam it for you on the spot, no charge