Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10174 posts
3741 upvotes
BC

Forum font is way too Comic Sans-ish

Nobody should use comic sans-like fonts.

Please kill this font. It literally hurts my eyes to read.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10174 posts
3741 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
May 19th, 2017 10:42 am
Which font are you referring to? Can you please post a screenshot?
Last night when I posted this from my iOS device the forum fonts looked very Comic-Sans-ish. They are 'normal' on PC right now.

Did someone change the mobile font yesterday?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8213 posts
12625 upvotes
Scarborough
ace604 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:59 pm
Last night when I posted this from my iOS device the forum fonts looked very Comic-Sans-ish. They are 'normal' on PC right now.

Did someone change the mobile font yesterday?
I'm pretty sure the forum fonts haven't changed since August of last year.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10174 posts
3741 upvotes
BC
TomRFD wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:42 pm
I'm pretty sure the forum fonts haven't changed since August of last year.
Ok, well back on my phone now and they are back to normal. Maybe it was a temporary glitch.
Sep 27, 2003
8082 posts
1495 upvotes
Newmarket
I've noticed that Chrome has been doing some funky things with fonts lately. I notice it on Facebook where after 2-3 seconds, the font will change on the screen. Hasn't happened for a couple weeks now.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10174 posts
3741 upvotes
BC
WorldIRC wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:02 pm
I've noticed that Chrome has been doing some funky things with fonts lately. I notice it on Facebook where after 2-3 seconds, the font will change on the screen. Hasn't happened for a couple weeks now.
For me this was on Safari on iOS last night. Came back to read some posts and the fonts for forum posts/titles was bordering on Comic Sans. Dunno whose fault that is.

Glad it's gone. I wasn't kidding when I said it made my eyes hurt. Literally. It was an eye-strain.